Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... for the past 2 months I have been bouncing between work and bringing my sedan back from the dead. I have an update and would appreciate some feedback.

So far on the engine front I have had both my z6 heads clean, leveled, port matched to their headers, had all seals replaced, had springs replaced, multi angle valve job and all that love. I did two because one is going to be a sporty DD head, so stock cam and just replacement springs. The other head is getting built this spring for a full on powerful N/A build (taking my time on that so i can do it right).

Aside from that i have all my replacement doors and panels to remove dents and rust, I have an AEM CAI, Apexi WS2 with custom piping, magnaflow high flow cat, and a stainles...but ebay 4-2-1 header.

I have the full gasket kit, a new water pump, new timing belt, new a/c compressor (ac didn't work on the b7) and had the alternator rebuilt by a friend of my father who has been doing alternators for like...35 years.

I wasn't planning on doing anything to the bottom end until I have a second vehicle (coming this spring). However while I have the head off is there anything considered a must while i'm doing this work? I'm not as comfortable working on a block, but I want it to be reliable.

Also is there anything else that I'm missing or am I on the right track? I think I mentioned it before, I'm mainly just looking for a DD with a bit more power behind it. Once it warms up and I have a second ride then i'll really get into tearing it down and either really going all out N/A or boosting.

thanks

·
Registered
1997 Civic Hatch D18Y8 M62 S/C
2,663 Posts
You mentioned you have 2 Z6 heads but the AC didn't work on your B7. Exactly what is your engine setup?

How many miles are on the bottom end?

So you have a presumably stock bottom end with a stock rebuilt head and aftermarket intake and exhaust for DD. That should be a noticable power gain right there depending on what you were used to on the old setup. I'm not sure how any of us would know what you're missing unless you're more specific on what you want to accomplish including your budget. If you want to go full out N/A then you'll get a bunch of posts sugessting every imaginable mod you could do for an N/A build.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about that. It was late when I posted and i get bitched at for making posts that are too long on some other tuner forums.

I had intended to include mileage on the engine but i guess i forgot. bottom end has about 100k miles on it.

The b7 was fully stock. The new setup is a full engine swap to a z6. My current plans are like I mentioned in my first post, Get this one running as a daily driver with a little extra power on it. Once i have a second vehicle Then I will take the time to rebuild the z6 block with a much higher budget.

Yes the bottom end is currently stock, the head was rebuilt to stock except for port matching.

Basically with 100k on the block i was wondering if there was anything i should make sure to replace while the head is off and the engine is out of the car. When i go all out on the engine I have a better idea of what should be replaced. Bt for now i was just wondering if there is anything worth going through the trouble of replacing now to save me from a headache later.

To sum up, What i'm trying to accomplish is a reliable engine with a bit of a power gain. I would say i have probably a couple hundred to finish up the car if there was something extra that would be worth putting in now.

I hope that helps clear up my previous post.

and yes a1 did my head work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts