Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the new turbo of choice is my borg warner gm3 i picked up.

yes i know its big, yes it will spool late. i know this.

i know this setup i made is not the best for flow but will it hurt me that bad or will i be ok? im not shooting for mega millions but eventually id like to break the 300whp mark.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well what i mean is the pocket where the wg flapper is

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its not really that big, physical size wise its basically the same as an ebay 57 trim. worst thing that could happen is it doesnt spool and i take it back off not to big of a deal. they seem to work well on ls motors.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EDIT i welded the flapper shut, using my 38mm wg

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
it should work fine, the "pocket" wont hurt anything.p

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
2,915 Posts
Oh noes, it's teh borg!!!

If I may ask, why'd you pick this turbo..? Cheap?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its on, and it spools suprisingly fast. havent noticed any problems from the "pocket"

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
My first turbo was a borg warner GM-8 turbo. I can tell you that my GM-8 turbo spool alot faster than my t3/t4 57 trim /w .63 ar. That was with a 2.5" catback too and when I had my 57 trim it was on a 3" catback.

·
The H Badge is it!
5,657 Posts
the only issue i would see is a slight restriction in exhaust flow, but since its going to be 3" (or maybe bigger) downpipe and its straight shot from the outlet, you wont even notice...

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
since youre not looking to use the wastegate on the turbo, it doesnt look that bad.
nice turbo too. how much did you get that for?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My first turbo was a borg warner GM-8 turbo. I can tell you that my GM-8 turbo spool alot faster than my t3/t4 57 trim /w .63 ar. That was with a 2.5" catback too and when I had my 57 trim it was on a 3" catback.
really? i thought i might have been the first to have it on a sohc lol. what setup did you have it on?

also yes, it is 3" turbo back.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
^ It was like 6-7 years ago. I had it on my EG hatch with a d16y8 swap. Never ran it at the track or dyno it. Than sold the car and sold the turbo to one of my friend which he sold it to somebody else. I miss that turbo though. Good turbo.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts