Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im rebuilding by d16z6 and want to know what is the ideal work that i should have the machine shop do...

what should i get done for the
1.block
2.head
3.manifold
4.TB

and if anything eles what do you think. and what manifold should i go with? its going to be N/a so skunk2, edelblox, y8.

thanls

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
im rebuilding by d16z6 and want to know what is the ideal work that i should have the machine shop do...

what should i get done for the
1.block
2.head
3.manifold
4.TB

and if anything eles what do you think. and what manifold should i go with? its going to be N/a so skunk2, edelblox, y8.

thanls
1. I would...Bore it 75.5mm for fresh P2W clearance. Hot Tanked, Cleaned. Sleeved if your application calls for it. or block guard..if app calls for it. Notched if you dont want to do it yourself.

2. Flowed. Decked (if needed). If needed: New Valve Guides, New Valve Seats. Port & Polish. 3 angle valve job. Mangafluxed

3. Buy aftermarket

4. see 3

(added 5 for ya)
5. Rotating assembly: Balance. Resurface flywheel

·
Registered
90 CRX
1,054 Posts
You should get the crank micro polished fo sho. Remember counter clockwise rotation when turning.

Be more specific on your NA build. Are you building stock parts or aftermarket?

Definately get everything mic'd for clearences. Balance it if it moves at high RPM.

You also have to consider your budget before you just throw money at your project.

Example: If you have $1000.00, build the bottom end first. That is the largest part and you should do it while you have it out. You can always take the head off and get it worked on later. Like me for example... I could get valve springs and retainers or camshaft. So I don't have to take the head back off later, I got the valve springs and retainers. Swapping out the cam can come later. You pickin' up whut I'm throwin' down?

You also have to set a goal. Without it you will aimlessly be asking questions about parts that you don't need. Or you will purchase stuff you will never use. Always research anything before paying big money for it. The more you know about the parts the better you can match them to your build.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i am looking to run high 13's low 14's for a 1/4 mile with a d16z6.

and for the TB i was going to get a 60mm one from a LS.

also i will be getting p29 pistons
stage 2 cam
arp headstuds
aem cam gear
aftermarket mani
ls TB
p28 chipped
headers
cai
2" exhaust

also does d16 have aftermarket valves?

with an si tranny

let me know what you guys think if i could get my goal of 13 and 14s in the 1/4 mile, or around 140 whp.

with that being said what type of machine work should i get done?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
decking the block might be a bit sketchy, but you said you're checking clearances so you'll be fine im sure.

I was concerned about Piston-to-valve clearance, and also the effects it has on your timing..but Im sure you now what you're doing with that rep count and post count. you've been here a while.

5 angle valve jobs....yea...turns it more into a radius than it is an angular valve set up :p I heard some places can do as many as an 11 angle valve job!! ridiculous!!!

·
Registered
91 CRX HF
1,040 Posts
Decking the block has the same effect on timing as resurfacing the head. I'm having the minimum taken off the block to make sure it is flat and to give it a nice finish for the MLS head gasket to seal. Besides, if you're that concerned with removing material, you can always get a thicker head gasket to compensate.

·
Registered
95 civic dx
25 Posts
Hey im kinda a noob to the whole honda thing lol. but i jus replaced a headgasket on a d15b7 i sent the head to get it machined, valve job etc. and i used a MLS headgasket and its losing water some where, but i cant see anywhere it would be leaking. My moms boyfriend says it could possible be a blown HG again. so idk if i missed a step while putting it back together or wat. Ithas only been 500 miles since i did this so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.....

THanks in advance

·
Registered
91 CRX HF
1,040 Posts
Hey im kinda a noob to the whole honda thing lol. but i jus replaced a headgasket on a d15b7 i sent the head to get it machined, valve job etc. and i used a MLS headgasket and its losing water some where, but i cant see anywhere it would be leaking. My moms boyfriend says it could possible be a blown HG again. so idk if i missed a step while putting it back together or wat. Ithas only been 500 miles since i did this so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.....

THanks in advance
Could be the intake manifold gasket. Could be the head gasket too. With MLS gaskets, the head and deck need to be really clean! They don't fill in the imperfections like a composite gaket, but they hold more pressure. I believe the recomendation is an 80 RA finish on the head and deck. I could be mistaken though. I'm sure people have gotten away without decking. Honda recomended changing to a MLS gasket to fix leaks.

·
Registered
95 civic dx
25 Posts
ok. well he is saying that i am suppose to retorque the head bolts after the first 500miles?? i have a chilton for it and i didnt see this in there... so does he kno wat he is talking about or no??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts