Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Got some PHAT ass?
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good and inexpensive machine shop in the Denver area?

I'm need to get some LS rods shopeened and attached to a y8 crank and a6 pistons. any info would help a lot

·
Got some PHAT ass?
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah I already looked in the yellow pages there's like 60 of them I just want to know if anyone has any experience with any here in Denver, I know I've seen a few people from Denver. What ever happend to DseriesScience he's from Golden I think

B

·
0 Posts
Try this same post on COSR or CRN. They are the two main boards for the Colorado area. I live in the springs and just had my motor built down here. I know its a 45-80 mile drive but McCabe racing built my motor, its off of Paionia St in the springs.

Hope this helps
blk95ex

·
Got some PHAT ass?
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
blk95ex said:
Try this same post on COSR or CRN. They are the two main boards for the Colorado area. I live in the springs and just had my motor built down here. I know its a 45-80 mile drive but McCabe racing built my motor, its off of Paionia St in the springs.

Hope this helps
blk95ex
Hey thanks were they relatively inexpensive? I don't mind the drive it only takes like an hr to get to the springs, plus I could use it as an excuse to catch up with a girl I use to date that lives there. I'm gonna give them a call on monday

B

·
0 Posts
They wernt to bad. I paid about 1100.00+ tax. And I allready had the parts. The only thing they soursed for me were the barings and exhaust valve guides. I had my block and head done. Heres the list. Head/ cleaned, miked, new exhaust valve guides instaled, valves checked, cleaned & swirled, 5 angle valve job(4 cuts on the head/1 on the valve), reasembled and cam/cam gear instaled.
Block/Instal block guard, line bore the crank/cilinders, hone, balance the rotating assembley from the crank pully to the pressure plate (came to withen .02 of a gram), fit the rings with a little extra room on the compression ring for expansion due to heat(wiseco pistons), polish the crank, notch the block, asemble the bottom end and install any seals gaskets etc. that are in the block/head. All in all the price wasn't to bad for the amount of work done. It took a few days longer than I was originaly quoted but that was due to not having a valve guide tool small enugh for my head, so he ordered a new set that will work with the basic sizes for D,B,H, and 4g63 head sizes. No one in town had one that small. Mr. McCabe was very helpful and keep me up to date on how the build was going. He usualy builds circle track V8 & some drag motors. The experence with building circle track motors was why I chose to go with McCabe, I wanted a much reliability as I could get out of my motor. It is for a street car, and around here (the Springs) it seems that most of the few people who work on import motors build them for drag apps. Yes they do a good job and the motors are strong, but they are on that edge of all out performance and not so much on the side of reliability.

Good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts