Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as some know i'm at the tear down of my rebuilding engine. so i called this machine shop which was highly recommended by several honda tech in atlanta. it was brought to my attention that alot of the area honda dealers use them for all type of machine work. so here's the price quote which a was given. i'm not questioning the the work but the price are these prices ok?

$110 - hot tank, hone, and clearence check
$40 - my PM7 piston press on my a6 rods
$250 - engine balance(i need to bring them the crankshaft, flywheel, crank pulley, pistons and rods) if any/all imperfection will be remove, perfectly balance and gurantee.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
I paid $65 to have the PM7's pressed of A6 rods and onto VX rods.

Balancing = $$$, I've tried to explain that on cutting down OEM flywheels!

·
Registered
882 Posts
I was charged..
$30 for a hot tank
$30 to press p29's on rods
$10 per cylinder to bore & hone ($40)
$200 for balancing
total= $300 bucks
flywheel milling and balancing is another $75

For some reason I can get cheap/qaulity work where I live...go figure.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
well as some know i'm at the tear down of my rebuilding engine. so i called this machine shop which was highly recommended by several honda tech in atlanta. it was brought to my attention that alot of the area honda dealers use them for all type of machine work. so here's the price quote which a was given. i'm not questioning the the work but the price are these prices ok?

$110 - hot tank, hone, and clearence check
$40 - my PM7 piston press on my a6 rods
$250 - engine balance(i need to bring them the crankshaft, flywheel, crank pulley, pistons and rods) if any/all imperfection will be remove, perfectly balance and gurantee.
everthing looks real nice. i paid $180 i think to have EVERYTHING balanced and the crank to get micropolished as well.

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I paid $65 to have the PM7's pressed of A6 rods and onto VX rods.

Balancing = $$$, I've tried to explain that on cutting down OEM flywheels!
i told him i'm getting a 12lbs flywheel. i was going to try to squeeze a couple of ponies by getting a lighter crank pulley but the jury is still out on this......

i don't think it will be a good idea.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
price for a hot tank seems high, but then again i have free access to a machine shop so all prices to me are expensive :)

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
now that i've decide to take it to the machine shop and have the money too. i can't go.... they're open from 8:30am-4:30pm, i work 9-5. go figure. lol. it's cool i'll get it there. my job is flexable.

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
Shops usually will work after hours...just ask my dad! LOL But that won't mean they'll accept the work order. At least someone might be there to at least talk to...

·
Registered
137 Posts
when you say that its being balanced they must be assembling it too then right?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts