Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good machine shop in the jacksonville area? I have been looking and have came up completely empty.

Would it just be worth shipping the bottom end? I need it matched to a set of 75.5 vitaras.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
"Precision Machine" is the only shop that I hear good things about. They are very professional and doesn't discriminate against Honda/Import owners like most shops will.

H&M totally raped Tw34k's Z6 when the bored it, so they did a quickie job re-sleeving one cylinder and the cylinder actually came loose in the liner during break-in. This in turn destroyed the engine and turbo with all sorts of shavings and such.

Tachyon has no clue what they are doing with a Honda, or probably any engine for that matter.

·
Formally D_Tuned
97 civic HX
2,884 Posts
"Precision Machine" is the only shop that I hear good things about. They are very professional and doesn't discriminate against Honda/Import owners like most shops will.

H&M totally raped Tw34k's Z6 when the bored it, so they did a quickie job re-sleeving one cylinder and the cylinder actually came loose in the liner during break-in. This in turn destroyed the engine and turbo with all sorts of shavings and such.

Tachyon has no clue what they are doing with a Honda, or probably any engine for that matter.
This and Stan mizell is a lazy asshole douche who held on to one of my engines for over a month for a simple bore and hottank, never would call me or return my calls or give me an estimated price then slapped me with a $400+ Bill when I told him I was coming to get my shit after a long heated conversation on the phone.

Precision Machine is the only professional machine shop in jax I have ever seen.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I contacted precision and the total will be ~$350 after taxes for:
Bore to match 75.5mm pistons + Hone
Decking the block
Hot tanking

Also he mentioned something about a special coating on the inside of the cylinder walls for ~$70. What is this he is talking about?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts