Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Wanted Oversized"
D16 VTech
Valves, Rockers, Springs, Guides, Retainers!!!!

I feel porting polishing 3 angle valve job providing Oversized Valves is necessary when using a Racing Cam. I have a new head and stage II cam. Only, I wish to open the ports up so the engine can breathe! I've asked, so many. Yet I'm talking to a wall.. I get no response. Only, no need to do all that. Run stock size valves said No One Ever!!!

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
You want oversize rockers, guides and retainers? What?! Lol

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
That's weird since isky and other "racing"companies use stock sized with higher grade metals to run their stuff, why you thinking you need more? Could be your laptop.

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
bigger is always better. even if it doesn't fit.
don't you guys know anything?:bash:

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
"Wanted Oversized"
D16 VTech
Valves, Rockers, Springs, Guides, Retainers!!!!

I feel porting polishing 3 angle valve job providing Oversized Valves is necessary when using a Racing Cam. I have a new head and stage II cam. Only, I wish to open the ports up so the engine can breathe! I've asked, so many. Yet I'm talking to a wall.. I get no response. Only, no need to do all that. Run stock size valves said No One Ever!!!
what the hell is a stage 2 cam and why do you think you need oversized valves?

Not at all saying oversized valves are a bad idea. Just wondering WHAT is making you want them.

remember, daily drivers want low end torque. you give that up with nearly all cams, oversize anything, etc.. without increasing compression to assist

1 - 8 of 8 Posts