Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, sohc brothers!

Wanted to share with you my bad experience buying new slicks for this season. My choice was 24.5/8.5-13 M&H Racemaster slicks and I bought it
directly from MH Racemaster, MandHtires.com, Drag Slick, Drag Radial, Cheater Slick, DOT, A Hashim's Inc Company

Everything was great till the moment I got new tires in my hands. They were shipped without any packaging at all! Just wrapped and tied with USPS security tape so they wont separate. You can see it in the pictures, it's the day when they arrived! I was really surprised about not having any box etc. but as I couldn't see any major damage I thought they were OK. The funny thing is I paid $204,00 just for shipping although you can see that they paid for shipping $145,15. So they actually overcharged $58,85 and didn't put them in any package for safety. Just to let you know I live in Europe and they were shipped from USA

Three months later (before few days) when I got new rims painted and first race was coming closer I took slicks from my shelf and went to mount them and balance. When we filled with air and balanced first tire, everything seemed OK and we went for second one.. we tried to fill second tire with air but we couldn't.. because IT WAS CUT THROUGH. :pinch: I couldn't believe my eyes because I spent $665 for just tires (slicks + shipping + customs tax). Two days later I noticed the first tire was flat and cut through as well. You can see pictures taken few days ago and the other ones are from the day they arrived and I marked places where you can see cut place!

It was time to get in touch with Mandhtires for some explanation and solution. Now comes the most fun part! :) They seem not to care at all about this mess. They hide behind policy which says "You must report any damage or shipping related breakage immediately to the carrier. Failure to do so will result in absolutely no returns. " They stated they've shipped thousands of tires a year and this is the first time something like this happens! They don't accept any returns in my case, that's what they told me!!! They offered me to buy another pair of tires freight free, but now when I accepted this offer they don't answer my emails anymore. They should be responsible for poor packaging which caused tires to cut through!

This is THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I've ever had! Just want to tell you BEWARE Mandhtires / M&H Racemaster's! All they care is more $$$ to make not customer satisfaction! Just to compare my friend bought pair of Mickey Thompsons and they came in boxes for security purposes.

I will never ever buy anything from them and I don't recommend to you also! Next time will support some of the forum sponsors who sells MT or Hoosier's.

Enjoy the pictures and ask anything if needed..

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
wow that is not good business practices. they should replace just because its the right thing to do. even though it might not be their fault, your still the customer that paid for it and didnt get what you bought. plain and simple. sorry about your bad luck

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
stop whining and patch the stupid slicks and move on with life.....
Oh come on man, wouldn't you be at least annoyed if your products came damaged from the manufacturer. BTW, I did not know you could plug/repair slicks.

OP, was there insurance placed on the shipped pkg?

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Danz for support :) Will do so and also hold my thumbs for you so nothing like this happens to you! When I asked them is it safe to patch them, they did not recommend it.. But I spent too much just to throw them away. Will patch them and see what happens.

I am working with customers every day. And it's hard to understand why they better leave customer unhappy with f*cked up slicks than solve so both sides are happy.

There's even law in my country. If you buy something and it comes without package or is damaged due to poor packaging then it's warranty issue. I don't really know but should be similar in US

If they would put it in box or some other sort of packaging then it probably wouldn't be cut through. It's ridiculous to blame USPS for damaged stuff if it's not secured somehow.. They overcharged $58.85 just for shipping and told me it's part of their policy and no refund will be given. How much they would spend for cartoon box $10-15? They don't care..

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BLK92_D16
"Package" if we can call it like that was insured. Problem is I didn't notice damage when I recieved tires! I looked for some major damages and did not notice cut places..

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
patch and use a tube inside the slick.

i agree the packaging was terrible. they should have known better, especially shipping it to Europe.

they only do not recommend you patching it because they dont want you blaming them if something goes wrong. it will be fine.

i feel for you, it sucks. but you cant expect them to give you another set of slicks with the high risk involved with shipping from one continent to another.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
My tires were shipped exactly like that. It's actually pretty common practice for tires to be shipped with no packaging. When I worked at a tire store, we would get truckloads of loose tires, no packaging at all.

Nonetheless, that's not a warranty item. I highly doubt it's a manufacturer defect, which puts the blame on the shipping company. Were they insured? I would go after USPS or whoever takes over once it hits Europe.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
Were they insured? I would go after USPS or whoever takes over once it hits Europe.
Thats what I'm wondering. Last time something like this happened to me I had to go after the shipping company to recoup my loss. I would try that route because I'm sure they put insurance on it.
There's a spot on the USPS label where they added insurance. You should talk to them. This is a problem with the shipper and not with M&H (although they could have been more helpful).

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
"Package" if we can call it like that was insured. Problem is I didn't notice damage when I recieved tires! I looked for some major damages and did not notice cut places..
I think the problem here is the time period between when he actually received the slicks and when the cuts were discovered. What is USPS's statue of limitations on insurance claims on internationally shipped items? Probably a small window, maybe a week is my guess.

Man, I really do feel for you...but Danz did bring up a good pt, you can still run innertubes if patching them is out of the question. The added plus here is you can run lower psi in the tires.

GL bro!

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
patch and use a tube inside the slick.

i agree the packaging was terrible. they should have known better, especially shipping it to Europe.

they only do not recommend you patching it because they dont want you blaming them if something goes wrong. it will be fine.

i feel for you, it sucks. but you cant expect them to give you another set of slicks with the high risk involved with shipping from one continent to another.
They do not have tubes for 13" inch slicks on stock and searched for them over web and did not find any from other companies..

I've bought hundreds of things for my car and friends race cars. For some reason they've always been and will be packed well to make sure I get them in one piece. Especially slicks which are soft compound are easy to damage in transit. It's just ridiculous they don't pack it well before shipping to avoid risk!

And I really expected to send them back and get a new pair, because what you really can't expect is to ask USPS ship them gently and as a fragile.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,520 Posts
John of M&H used to be on Honda-Tech.........

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
I got few pairs of M&H tires, and received packaged like yours with no problems.

But I think the long distance require a better packaging, and too much time since you receive the slicks.

GL fixing this issue

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My tires were shipped exactly like that. It's actually pretty common practice for tires to be shipped with no packaging. When I worked at a tire store, we would get truckloads of loose tires, no packaging at all.

Nonetheless, that's not a warranty item. I highly doubt it's a manufacturer defect, which puts the blame on the shipping company. Were they insured? I would go after USPS or whoever takes over once it hits Europe.
Probably if my tires were in great shape I would think- who cares about how they were packed. Slick compound is more soft and easy to damage.. As for truckloads, if I understand correctly what does it mean, then you can not really compare truckload full of tires with the ones shipped with 100 different material goods. Just imagine if some other companies would ship some sort of sharp edge things and others would ship tires in one container?! I guess i can see result of it right here on my slicks. :)

Yeah I understand it's not a manufacture defect! In my opinion shipping company is just service to deliver things from A-Z. And I would start to blame shipping company only if tires were packed as they should..

You can ship wine glass unpacked to the other continent, but you really can not expect it to get in one piece. Just to get the point..

If we talk about shipping insurance then it's probably too late. M&H wonderful policy states to check everything in postal office or no returns will be accepted. Question is how the hell I should check tire leaks in postal office???

Anyway thank you all for suggestions and support! :tank:

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,520 Posts
What amaxes me is you paid $145 for rush shipping but never used them.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
John of M&H used to be on Honda-Tech.........
Thanks, transzex! Will definitely post it on other big forums just to show customer service if something goes wrong.

What amaxes me is you paid $145 for rush shipping but never used them.
Actually I paid $204 for shipping! $145 is what they paid for it.. I prefer express shipping for expensive stuff just to get them faster. Always been afraid of package loss or damage due to longer transit time. There's no BIG reason for it.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,520 Posts
I can tell John himself packed your shipment, he likes to sign the tires :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts