Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i at first was in a MAJOR rush to finish my car but being how school and softball may take up my time(and the weather) where is the best place to get a deal on a LSD? links and sites please! ioi searched but coudnt find actual links of sites with alot of prices just alot of reference!

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
$ure there are better L$D'$ for $ale you ju$t have to $earch around for $ome. Check out the Kaaz or Quaife they are both very nice L$D'$ but might co$t a little more :)

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,796 Posts
best I've seen is $362 shipped off ebay.....

another install.........SWEET :)

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Civic Hatch D18Y8 M62 S/C
2,666 Posts
Make sure if you get an OBX you find an installer who has done several of them and knows what he's doing. Even though some feel that OBX has improved their quality they are still being shipped with defects. According to my installer the OBX is a Chinese made Quaife knock-off. He has installed about 20 of them and each time he's had to dissassemble them and make corrections and in some cases do machine work. So he charges more to install them. The Quaifes he just installs without taking them apart.

I understand the price difference is very tempting, but among other reasons I don't recommend the OBX is the fact they stole the design and because they are made in China, copyright protection cannot be enforced.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
best I've seen is $362 shipped off ebay.....

another install.........SWEET :)

Why don't you just become a distributor already?

·
Premium Member
Civic turbo Hx/Ex
18,707 Posts
I have heard good things about the OBX LSD. There has been several discussions on here about it, just do a little search.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,796 Posts
how long does it take for one of those to be installed?
my $150 install charge is based on 6 hours time.

While it normally takes about 4-5 hours to do the work, the bearings have to be pressed on and the press is about 30 miles away. Someday (spring?) He's gonna give me the press and I'll give him a Radial arm saw in exchange.

Also 88-91's need clearancing for the bolt heads.

I've never opened a OBX, my wrench looked like it was gonna strip the bolt head, or worse break it.

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
my $150 install charge is based on 6 hours time.

While it normally takes about 4-5 hours to do the work, the bearings have to be pressed on and the press is about 30 miles away. Someday (spring?) He's gonna give me the press and I'll give him a Radial arm saw in exchange.

Also 88-91's need clearancing for the bolt heads.

I've never opened a OBX, my wrench looked like it was gonna strip the bolt head, or worse break it.
for some reason i thought you charged more? maybe it was from other sites like this one and you had a shiping fee?

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
Make sure if you get an OBX you find an installer who has done several of them and knows what he's doing. Even though some feel that OBX has improved their quality they are still being shipped with defects. According to my installer the OBX is a Chinese made Quaife knock-off. He has installed about 20 of them and each time he's had to dissassemble them and make corrections and in some cases do machine work. So he charges more to install them. The Quaifes he just installs without taking them apart.

I understand the price difference is very tempting, but among other reasons I don't recommend the OBX is the fact they stole the design and because they are made in China, copyright protection cannot be enforced.
Usually i hear all good about the obx i myself am going to put in a lsd this spring. Sucks how much money these things are. I think the only thing i can afford is obx.

·
Registered
1997 Civic Hatch D18Y8 M62 S/C
2,666 Posts
Usually i hear all good about the obx i myself am going to put in a lsd this spring. Sucks how much money these things are. I think the only thing i can afford is obx.
I hear some good and some not good. I don't understand why I read so many posts on this forum saying "no problems at all" when it's so easy to find them with a little research. It's like so many here just want to desparately believe when clearly the OBX is inferior.

Here's a post from 3 weeks ago by Jim Truett on another forum.

http://forum.pgmfi.org/viewtopic.php?t=12873

Hopefully, at least OBX may be abe to put some price pressure on Quaife to bring down their prices - if they can.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts