Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
lsd tranny for my set up

I´m trying to get and oem d15b lsd tranny for my d16z6 turbo setup at 12-15 psi, does it will work, or is better to go for an obx lsd ???

I´m want to make some launchs on 20x8x13 slicks on sunday´s when the track is open.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,796 Posts
who makes the 20x8x13 slicks, hopefully not Hoosier Road race tires.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, are hoosier, why???
there is any problem with this slicks???

Does the oem lsd tranny will work good??

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BUMP

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need info, please ....

I can get an jdm d15b lsd tranny for 400.00 bucks,

Is a good deal??? or is better to get an obx lsd

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
my guess is that the obx would be a stronger lsd system. Im sure the jdm lsd would hold up to what you throw at, but i would feel more comfortable with the obx. But with the obx, you have to install it, and if your not doing it yourself then you will have to pay around $150-$300 to get ti done, plus new bearings and seals

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any idea how much power can hold the oem lsd???

I´m just trying to run 12-15 psi max.

·
Registered
183 Posts
my guess is that the obx would be a stronger lsd system. Im sure the jdm lsd would hold up to what you throw at, but i would feel more comfortable with the obx. But with the obx, you have to install it, and if your not doing it yourself then you will have to pay around $150-$300 to get ti done, plus new bearings and seals
I know you need new bearings for the diff.. but what seals are we talking about here? O_O

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
I know you need new bearings for the diff.. but what seals are we talking about here? O_O
well when i opened my tranny up, we replaced all of the seals in there just to freshen it up......dont know if you have to, just a good idea in my opinion.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
dont the d15b trannys have to have zc axles? i could be wrong, just something i thought i remembered.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,871 Posts
dont the d15b trannys have to have zc axles? i could be wrong, just something i thought i remembered.
no d15b trannys have regular axles.. zc trannys have zc axles

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,871 Posts
my d15b tranny uses zc axles...

thats why its sitten in my storage shed lol
so you have the halfshaft and everything???? take a pic of the axle input that would be on the drivers side and post it.. i wanna see

1 - 16 of 16 Posts