Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Civic
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me if OBX do an LSD for 35mm bearings 000a.... and are they any good, I can get one from Quaife, but they are like shit loads of cash £ 550.00 + VAT, last time I asked and that was with discount :frown:

Has anybody ever transplanted a B series box with LSD on to a D??

I know I really need a ooob, but I want to stick with what I got and just whack a diff in, I'm not after really big power about 250 whp or so and don't won't to spend big money on another box build.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
and to answer your other question. yes, people have put B series transmissions on the D series block.

look in the DIY section, there is a very long and comprehensive thread on how it is done by Boosted-EH-804

·
Registered
Civic
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses gents I'll have a further read up, what about gearing, I tried a d15 box in my motor (with 40mm) when I had my box rebuilt and the ratios did'nt seem to work for my set up either.

For instances my box pulls 73 mph in 2nd & 105 mph in third and my engine revs to 8K, when I had the D15 box in it was just over 60 and 95 and felt a lot slower, as I love the 1/4 and sprints is there a particular box I should be looking for?

Remember I'm a limey, so EX, DX codes are lost on me, engine codes if you please!

·
Registered
Civic
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True.... but I like the longer gearing TBH, my cars still running relatively low on power and shorter gears won't help me when I want to push the bhp up by another 50 - 60whp or so and I don't want to do that until I can get all the umph down!

This is England, which is cold and damp at the very least for Eight months a year.... traction is available May to August in limited periods only :fingersx:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts