Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking around for a transmission for my D16Y8 and have come across one from JDM D15B that the seller claims has LSD. I haven't heard of this before but I am definitely interested. Any info is much appreciated.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
yes, some of those trannies came with LSD stock. Have him take a pic that shows the space where the axles go. If there's a bar running across it, then it DOESN'T have an LSD.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot. The seller sent me a picture of the diff and you can see clear through it. Looks like I'm gonna jump all over this deal.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I'm going to hang it on (Y8). I have a Y7 tranny now and the revs fall too far between shifts. In first to second I drop from around 7k to right over 4k so I am right near the cam change-over area of the power band. What is the spacing like on the D15 LSD tranny?

·
Registered
92 Honda Civic VTI
838 Posts
ONECAMWONDER said:
That's what I'm going to hang it on (Y8). I have a Y7 tranny now and the revs fall too far between shifts. In first to second I drop from around 7k to right over 4k so I am right near the cam change-over area of the power band. What is the spacing like on the D15 LSD tranny?
is the same as the 92 si

92-95 JDM Civic VTi EG4 D15B
1 2 3 4 5 R FD
3.250 1.900 1.250 0.909 0.750 3.153 4.250

1 - 8 of 8 Posts