• Dohc zc turbo

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whats up D series community im having a hard time deciding what 2 do. let me fill you in. i own a 91 crx and i want 2 get a swap done but i cant decide what 2 do. so help me out here. o and i want 2 reach 210hp and be in the mid 13's in the 1/4 mile.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
actually what do you have right now? answer that and ill give you my advise

·
Registered
214 Posts
the dohc zc will make power, I sure am happy I went the dohc zc way...one of my friends has a ls/vtec and another with a b16...wouldn't trade mine for theirs any day. (all of them turbo by the way).

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
lsv, then boost it later on.

make 350whp with stock parts and run 11s.

but when something breaks $.

same with the dohc zc though. if you dont go b series id say stay d16 over dohc zc for easily available parts.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
lsv, then boost it later on.

make 350whp with stock parts and run 11s.

but when something breaks $.

same with the dohc zc though. if you dont go b series id say stay d16 over dohc zc for easily available parts.
/thread

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
LS/Vtec all the way. Get a Slightlyworked B16 or GSR head on that bitch with some nice cams and a nice IM and bam your pushin 200whp. If you balance the bottom end and get some CTR pistons well your gonna be pushin closer to 220+hp at 12.5:1 CR. I just hope you aint gonna be DD if you do an all motor

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
LS/Vtec all the way. Get a Slightlyworked B16 or GSR head on that bitch with some nice cams and a nice IM and bam your pushin 200whp. If you balance the bottom end and get some CTR pistons well your gonna be pushin closer to 220+hp at 12.5:1 CR. I just hope you aint gonna be DD if you do an all motor
Why? Buddy has a crvtec hatch running 13:1. Made 190whp with GSR cams on a hub dyno. Drives his car everyday. He hopes to make 220whp with cams.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
idk i just dont like the idea of running that high of CR DD but i guess thats the Ford roots in me. If it works than do it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
actually what do you have right now? answer that and ill give you my advise
Right i dont have any motor, but im looking 2 do a swap soon.

yes its going 2 be a DD.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Let me help alittle. if i go ls-v its going 2 be a 98 ls block and a gen2 GSR head with ITR cams and skunk2 cam gears, ITR Intake Manifold, 2 layer headgasket and flat face valves, B16 tran with stage 2 clutch, I/H/E, and a good tune. And if i go with the dohc zc im just going 2 throw a t3/t4 turbo, I/H,E and a good tune.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
yeahhh, id def go with the LS-Vtec than no doubt about that man. Shave a tad off the head, like about .015 to make it about 10.75:1 CR. Honestly there aint much difference in the GSR cams to the ITR cams not worth the extra money for them. Id go with some Buddy Club, Crower or Toda cams.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeahhh, id def go with the LS-Vtec than no doubt about that man. Shave a tad off the head, like about .015 to make it about 10.75:1 CR. Honestly there aint much difference in the GSR cams to the ITR cams not worth the extra money for them. Id go with some Buddy Club, Crower or Toda cams.
No doubt. Thank on the lil info.lol

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
DO ITTT. I was going to do one but plans changed and cash ran out. I still wanna do one

1 - 20 of 29 Posts