Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
EG6
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sure this is already been asked but is there any advantage of using ls rods on a single block? i have a set was thinking of using on spare block...

·
Registered
320 Posts
LS rods are a good choice for moderate HP goals i.e-250-300whp. Main advantage to LS rods are fact that you do not need to notch the block for them to run, essentially making them easily swapped. However, you'll need them to re-bushed for the D16 wrist pin size and both ends of the rod have to be milled down as well. So there are pros and cons to using them.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
essentially making them easily swapped. However, you'll need them to re-bushed for the D16 wrist pin size and both ends of the rod have to be milled down as well. So there are pros and cons to using them.

you make it seem like notching the block is a hard thing to do. then you talk about rebushing the small end of the rod and other machine work like thats nothing. i think you have it backwords man.

now that aftermarket forged rods can be had for so cheap, running ls rods really makes no sense.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,238 Posts
I concur.......but what if the rods don't need bushed, only thinned?

Just another insane build idea stored in the back of my head :)

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
If you get aftermarket pistons you wont need to rebush the rods. Just have the piston pin hole made to the LS pin size... Simple and alot easier IMO.. :TU:

·
Registered
725 Posts
I cut the ends down on my LS rods with a grinder and a vice. Then had the local machine shop {that I work at now} put new bushing in. Long story short, I spent about $20.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,238 Posts
thats a different story. dont you remember the beltsander on hmt or should i call it " the rod thinning machine"? lol
Bridgeport, same thing I used to make AKSC bracket plate.....should thin a rod nicely :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts