Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading up about LS Rods in D-series and notice comments saying that the bushings required to fit stock D-series pistons are no longer sold by Crower.
Are they sold by any other supplier, and if not, does it reduce the viability of that option?

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Probably SOL as the honda scene for the old Dseries engines are almost 2 decades old.

Im sure Bseries are still around from japan and probably still a few floating around..

but both were as abundant as they were 10-15yrs ago.

Id try Laskey racing or speedfactory and see where they can point ya

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
wargasm was an awesome game back in the day, hard as fuck though

·
Registered
504 Posts
Why even bother when you can get a full rod and piston set for $375? By the time you bought the bushing then paid the machine shop to cut them down, you just about paid for p2p0 rods that will support double the hp.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
Why even bother when you can get a full rod and piston set for $375? By the time you bought the bushing then paid the machine shop to cut them down, you just about paid for p2p0 rods that will support double the hp.
also true... it'd be like running a panda setup now

(now there's an oldschool OE rotating assembly frankenstein :p)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably SOL as the honda scene for the old Dseries engines are almost 2 decades old.

Im sure Bseries are still around from japan and probably still a few floating around..

but both were as abundant as they were 10-15yrs ago.

Id try Laskey racing or speedfactory and see where they can point ya

also true... it'd be like running a panda setup now

(now there's an oldschool OE rotating assembly frankenstein :p)
Yea, I was checking them out too....but I have easy access to those LS Rods and machining is cheap where I live.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
I simply took mine to the machine shop. They got the bushings and installed them themselves.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
so you want to take a risk on oem rods that are modified to work for about the same cost as drop in rods that only need to be inspected and perhaps weight-matched within a few grams at a machine shop?

the LS rod shit is only good if you already have the rods, and are guaranteed straight and undamaged.

Never take unnecessary chances with the engine. saving a few bucks can turn into a new motor real quick unfortunately

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so you want to take a risk on oem rods that are modified to work for about the same cost as drop in rods that only need to be inspected and perhaps weight-matched within a few grams at a machine shop?

the LS rod shit is only good if you already have the rods, and are guaranteed straight and undamaged.

Never take unnecessary chances with the engine. saving a few bucks can turn into a new motor real quick unfortunately
Thats what Im thinking at this point....
Im looking into p2p0 setup

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,944 Posts
You gotta be kidding me!!! I threw mine out in Feb. I had them made about 5 years ago for a motor i never finished. Did you try to contact DJ (I think) at Crower? If he's not with them anymore, they might be able to steer you in the right direction. I wish I could have given you mine. My FS thread with them is probably buried.

Reactions: slo_eg8

·
Registered
00 EJ6 boosted D16Z6, 99 EJ6 bone stock, 04 Ram 1500
1,099 Posts
If you can do the machine work, I can give you the dimensions.
LS rods will give you a much lighter rotating assembly-some of us care about laws of physics

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you can do the machine work, I can give you the dimensions.
LS rods will give you a much lighter rotating assembly-some of us care about laws of physics
Yea, I'd like the dimensions....I got in contact with Crower and they told me that if I could supply the dimensions, they could supply me.

Because we wanna run stock piston options with stronger rods

BOOM ROASTED
This.....I don't have massive power goals in mind...so I wanted a simple, cost effective 250 whp build.

·
Registered
00 EJ6 boosted D16Z6, 99 EJ6 bone stock, 04 Ram 1500
1,099 Posts
Because we wanna run stock piston options with stronger rods

BOOM ROASTED
j/w, aside from vitaras, what stock pistons have 19mm floating wristpins?

that fit in a d-series engine?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts