Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in need of some info for the ls/rods I have searched and searched again. Some say you need to notch the block some say not. Im hoping to use the Ls rods with the gx pistons with a 21 mm pin to raise the compression in my a6. None of the searches will accept a 2 letter entry. Does anyone have any experience or able to point me towards someone who does?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I read that one it was by science. But that was the first time I have seen that.

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
crixzc said:
Im in need of some info for the ls/rods I have searched and searched again. Some say you need to notch the block some say not. Im hoping to use the Ls rods with the gx pistons with a 21 mm pin to raise the compression in my a6. None of the searches will accept a 2 letter entry. Does anyone have any experience or able to point me towards someone who does?
i am not aware of having to notch the block for LS rods...yes, you need to make the big end skinnier to fit the journal...however, that is it AFAIK with your type setup. If you were running reg. d-series pistons, you would need to rebush to accomodate the .747 pins, but you are using GX, which i assume are .826.

Even if you had to notch the block, it is very easy...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts