Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im running a jdm d15b with a 16g and stock injectors. ive read the opens at 11psi, correct me if im wrong. i want to know if it is possible to get it to open earlier. i think i remember an old honda tuning issue about budget boost on a D and they said something about bending the bracket on the wastegate it adjust it a few psi. i dont remember the details and i cant find the issue. anyone know about this? or any other way to lower the psi it takes to open the wastegate?

thanks

·
Curious George
3,569 Posts
you can install external waste gate, but you need to desactivate yours actual, get manifold with flange for it, and exhaust tubing is needed...

OR

you can do something who will adjust actuator rod, like making thread on it with 2 bolts, or anything like that... (I need to do it on my T25...)

Good luck

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks... i know its been asked a million times but can i run that much boost on the stock injectors? i have the means of tuning it (crome pro, lc-1, hondalog) right now i have the boost cut off at 7psi and that comes on at around 4k, id like to get into vtec with boost.. injectors are on the top of the list of things to get but until then is there a way i can safely boost into vtec?

·
Curious George
3,569 Posts
csaddict said:
You can't lower the psi an internal wastegate opens, if its preset.
Yess you can.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i found that issue.... this is all it says tho...

wouldnt that just keep the flapper partially open? or is that the whole point? sounds like it would just take the turbo longer to spool. anyone try this?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
yes if you bend it, this will keep the flapper open just a little bit making it spool slow as fuck.. i dont know why they did it on the dsm t25 that wastegate opens at 7psi! i know because i have had 2.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok 5 psi is a good goal. now how do i only use 5 psi? do i just have to drive around under 4k till i get injectors? is there a different wastegate i can get? keep in mind im using an hf manifold.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
by opening the wastegate a little the wastegate will open farther lowering the boost. but the question is if it opens up all the way already? also increasing spool will help with gas mileage.

·
Registered
288 Posts

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
do you realize how much bad info is spread across the old threads? I have some of my own even I bet.

leave shit in the last decade to die. dont bring up old graveyard shit, especially for something like an internal wastegate. Anyone who understands a bit of physics knows how to do this

·
Registered
288 Posts
Its a top google result for multiple related searches, but i feel ya. If googles gona keep diggin it up though when ppl search, at least now it links to a good procedure.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Bending the arm is a shitty way to do anything of the sort. High spool time. Waste of time. So as I stated, you CAN NOT lower the psi of a preset internal wastegate.
That's not entirely accurate. You, generally, can't lower the boost on a stock internal wastegate ... however adjustable aftermarket actuators are a thing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts