Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb/ 01 GSR
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Civic forth or fith lower ball joint taper. Im making lower control arms for the rear but i need to know the taper on a front lca or the balljoint. So i can get the spindle on there and start mocking up the other three links

My math shows 5.35* but i havea feeling its more like 7-10*

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,439 Posts
I'd have to search on the road racer forum I'm on, but 7 degrees comes to mind.

Someone was looking for the taper reamer for a custom knuckle setup.

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb/ 01 GSR
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, yeah seven rings a bell for me too but i cant make my math say seven its always 5.5-5.8* when i measure the lca or ball joint.for the lca measurment i get 16mm big end 14mm small end and the taper is 20mm long (not the hypotinuse) i dont know i brough the lca into work today im just going to cut a few tapers in alu round bar and see what one fits the best i guess.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I am getting 5.72, with 10% taper....let us know what you find in the real world. Maybe our theory is wrong.

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb/ 01 GSR
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah il let you guys know for sure. Also i keep trying different measurments since its cast. Like 14.1 small end and 20.2 tall since its hard to get a good measurment. Non work they only change a few points. Ill use a marking marker and ma sure i get full contact before i post the taper degrees.

Also after i figure the taper ill cut off the post on the lower balljoint and set it up in the lathe to make sure

1 - 6 of 6 Posts