Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the lower ball joint on my ef is stuck in there and will not come out no matter what i do.... anyone got any ideas to get that thing out of there cause im about to start breaking stuff....haha.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Ball Joint seperater(the kind described in the Helms manual), or the breaker bar trick should work(jack up the control arm, stick the breaker bar in between the knuckle and LCA, and let the jack down).

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
Ball Joint seperater(the kind described in the Helms manual), or the breaker bar trick should work(jack up the control arm, stick the breaker bar in between the knuckle and LCA, and let the jack down).
don't mean to threadjack here, but do have a diagram or something of this?
i'm going to be doing this next week and i lack a balljoint seperator! :cussing:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
547 Posts
can i ask why you taking off the hub? i had a fun time with my ball joint. i just took a BAH and went to down on it. if you taking about the folk thing from autozone. if you use it the way it should be use, then your are going to rip the boot on the ball joint.

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Remove the tie-rod so you can turn the steering knuckle all the way to 1 side, hit the lca on the side of the round part where the stud from the ball join goes in with a 4lb mini-sledge.

Sounds like a hamfisted goon but it's always done the job for me. If you're replacing the balljoint anyways, use one of those balljoint seperaters a.k.a pickle fork.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.