Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Civic EX with a Rev9 turbo kit stock ecu, adjustable FPR stock injectors, I just took out a blown motor and replaced it with a used engine but still a D16y8 manual trans. When cold runs good idles at around 1,100 rpm and has very minor hesitation. After a minute or 2 of driving I get a bank 1 sensor 1 o2 low voltage but does not seem to effect anything and is the only code being thrown. After it gets up to operating temp I can start noticing a hesitation between 2k and 3k then goes away above the also starts building boost a little after 3k. After driving at operating temp for 15 to 20 mins the hesitation between 2k and 3k gets really bad almost like getting on and off the breaks while accelerating. It seems to be worst the harder I accelerate. I set ignition timing with a light, was thinking maybe mechanical timing was off but wouldn't that make a constant issue not just when warm. Also idles around 700 rpm when warmed up even with the o2 code

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its only on 5 psi till I source a p28 and a hondata. My last engine had 240k on it when I put the kit on ran great for a few months then bled to death out the rear main till it dried up and spun a bearing. Im going to try new injectors after the new o2 sensor goes in. already replaced the plugs and wires and checked for fuel leaks. Holds at 20 psi fuel pressure with pump primed and between 42 and 45 psi at idle.

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
X amount of psi means jack shit. What sized turbo?

FYI, even a VZ21 would upset a stock ecu and stock injectors.

You are not tuned, and are asking why you are running into issues.

You are literally $200 away from having a FULLY tunable setup.

BTW, key on fuel pump prime, you definitely should be getting more than 20 psi. Your pump is dying. WHen it needs charging voltage to deliver 40+, its dying.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
X amount of psi means jack shit. What sized turbo?

FYI, even a VZ21 would upset a stock ecu and stock injectors.

You are not tuned, and are asking why you are running into issues.

You are literally $200 away from having a FULLY tunable setup.
What can I pick up for $200 to get it tuned. Isn't a p28 ecu alone $300?

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
What can I pick up for $200 to get it tuned. Isn't a p28 ecu alone $300?
Speeduino plus $45 OBD1 adapter board. Makes it plug and play. Some assembly and firmware knowledge required, or be good at listening to instructions and understanding them.

If you already have an OBD1 ecu, you are even CLOSER budget wise. New chip and burner for the basics. Emulator to tune with a USB cable. Live tuning if you make the budget a little larger.

I still do not understand people being completely clueless and thinking a stock ecu can run any sort of turbo kit. Shows how little effort they gave into basic research.

By the way, the VZ21 turbo I mention is usually used on 500-900cc engines (0.5 liter to 0.9 liter) and even a turbo that small would run like absolute dog shit and eventually kill your engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts