Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my d15b in and im using a 88 pm6 and its only redlining at around 6200 ...is this not right or am i just a silly boy...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can't help other than sayng it should be 7.2 to 7.8

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i kno ...but...still....6200.... :\ ...im missing out on 1000 rpms!!! i neeed my power making rpms

·
Registered
643 Posts
jawz88hatch said:
just got my d15b in and im using a 88 pm6 and its only redlining at around 6200 ...is this not right or am i just a silly boy...
start by getting the engine fully warmed up and operating w/o any codes.
Make sure ur VTEC is engaging (by switch) w/ the NON VTEC ECU.
That should get you up another 1K RPM
At the very least you're gonna want a PG7 with AFC or something else to mod the Fuel and Timing curves
BUT with the added valve lift and duration I'd look into converting to OBD-1 run ECU that's intended for it
I've done this swap both ways sorry to say OBD-1 is WAAY more friendly

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
engine is warmed up and not throwing codes...and VTEC does engage....i have it set to kick in at 4400 rpms...and it kicks in and screams all the way to about 6200 and then redlines.....im thinking about just chipping a 91 pm6....

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
isnt that the original redline for a 88-91 civic/crx? cause ino they redline around 62 or 65. pg7 ecu maybe...it will bring ur red line to 7500....

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok forget what i said about not throwing a code....im throwing code 10 on the ecu....what is this?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also my check engine light isnt coming on...but its still throwing code 10.....does the ECU just need to be reset?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts