Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all not sure if this should go in this forum but ill try it anyway. When i start my car from cold everything is fine until i leave it idling if i leave it for 15-20 mins idling the idle will slowly go down and down and down until it is just about to cut off the battery light will start flickering and if left much longer will eventually cut out.

The weird thing is that it does exactly the same thing if i turn the car off for like 15-20 mins then start it back up it will either idle really low like 100-200rpm or just not hold idle and cut out.

Ive have tried loads of stuff including changing the throttle body and associated sensors, checked for vac leaks, made sure the alternator is ok,new 02 sensor, new iacv and fitv.

So im really struggling now i was thinking along the lines of a new battery but i really dont wanna keep throwing cash at it and not fix the problem so if anyone could point me in any sort of direction that would be great thanks guys and help really really appreciated oh yeah sorry bout the novel.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ye sorry shouldve mentioned that really ive messed for ages with the idle screw and if i turn it up then when my car idles normally like it does after it warms up properly the idle is stupid high like 1500 or sumthin like that. By the way forgot to mention the car is an eg hatch with d15b2 converted to mpfi using the z6 parts.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ye thanks for the replys guys i just filled my coolant up last nite so will see if that makes a difference tonite. Also when i did the mpfi conversion i used a dizzy of a d16z6 and when i put it on it mite have been a couple of millimetre out from where the old one was ill try moving it slightly when i get home today anyway if anyone else has got any more ideas keep em coming again thanks for all help so far
Dean

·
Registered
A space ship
628 Posts
LMK how the coolant thing goes. I dont think the dizzy is your issue b/c that will affect hot and cold engine rpms.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NA even with full coolant its still doing the same thing i also had an issue with a flat battery yesterday so i bought a new one and that hasnt helped me like i thought it mite. So ye ideas still welcome thanks for all advice so far guys.

·
Registered
374 Posts
You were asking for ideas so here goes:
- you may have a combination of things wrong or not set properly.
start with the IACV - disconnect the plug, what happens? does it still die?
-FTV- loosens over time- check inside
-Idle adjust screw
- clean air filter
-pcv valve, when last replaced?
- no white/gray smoke coming from exhaust when car warms up?

by the way, please let us know what solved your problem

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all the ideas guys havent been online in a while so gunna try those things tonite i will deffo get back and let everyone know what the problem was if i ever fix it. I am thinking it may be the iacv as a while ago i remember unplugging it and the car didnt die however when i presssed the accelerator it wouldnt rev above 3000 not sure if that is normal but i know the car should die if the iacv is disconnected. I am going to be really gutted if it is the iacv as i have bought 3 2nd hand ones and they have all been the same. Anyway once again thanks guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts