Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im slowly completing my Vitara piston build an about half way, but i have a few questions...

Before the rebuild the car was tuned comfortably on 12.5 psi @ 200 hp on dyno hubs which i found was plenty, but with a blown HG i decided to throw in vitara piston an Scat rods as the motor was already torn down anyways, as i had already intended to rebuild but figured why the hell not now

just running 440cc injectors, Td04l off a wrx and 2.5 exhaust with fmic

Ok im well aware of the chips an programming on the market but given my location an timing of the rebuild im sorta stuck with what i got till more funds permit! so take that into consideration an my tuner has decided to take holidays >_<

The car was tuned with a Greddy Piggy back with the PnP harness and boost sensor to maximize its efficiency when tuning, my tuner has heaps of experience in tuning emanage an says its fine, car was tuned conservatively... the car idles fine and has zero hiccups.. but now comes the bigger question....

Given that my tuner will b away for a numerous amount of weeks, no idea wen they are back, on a trip to who knows where LOL.... I need the car for work an to get to school... Can i still drive the car as is with the current tune, emanage and setup just Untill he gets back?

Im well aware of the lower comp ratio, but would that affect too at to the point of un-drive-able? or even boosting for that matter?

cheers

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
I would keep it out of boost. yes it will need a new tune

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Lower compression has little effect on fuel needed, but it will need a little more timing. You should be able to dial the base timing up 1-3 degrees safely to compensate for the time being.

If you don't have a wideband, you'll want to buy a few sets of cheap plugs and learn how to read a spark plug ASAP. Google "reading spark plugs" and read all you can tonight. When you read the spark plug, I'd suggest doing it with the old timing to be safe. A proper pull on a plug will tell you if you're close to the right AFR's and timing, and a cheap set is less than $10.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahhh cheers guys much appreciate, yeahh will needa advance the timing the old fashion way till he gets here

1 - 4 of 4 Posts