Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
civic dx
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok here is my proposition, i have a 97 civic with a y8 head and a d15b bottom end. in the head i have a turbo cam (not sure what kind bought it as is so there it was) with zex valve springs, and i think a chipped p2p (havent opened it yet). but im running n/a. i had no other choice but to run this set up cause im broke, as of now the car runs ok but i think it could run a lot better on low boost. so i want to bolt up a turbo externally waste gate it to 4psi run no bov or fmi since such low boost. and all stock internals minus the turbo cam. will i run into any problems, like lack of fuel, map sensor issues, spinning main or rod bearings any thing like that? an feedback is appreciated, thanks

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
I dont think you have a chipped p2p ecu because they are not chippable.

For such low boost I dont think its worth it to turbo.

If you are going to turbo go all the way.

C

·
0 Posts
with the 10.5:1 compression ratio ir so your looking at, hell yeah turbo it.

throw a good tune on her and enjoy 10 psi. itll rip good.

dude, toss a fmic and a bov on her. if your gonna turbo it dont go half ass.

sounds to me like you dont really know what your talkign about (no offense)

so i suggest you do a it more reading before you jump into anything,.

·
Registered
civic dx
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ccfab said:
with the 10.5:1 compression ratio ir so your looking at, hell yeah turbo it.

throw a good tune on her and enjoy 10 psi. itll rip good.

dude, toss a fmic and a bov on her. if your gonna turbo it dont go half ass.

sounds to me like you dont really know what your talkign about (no offense)

so i suggest you do a it more reading before you jump into anything,.
not that i dont know what im talking about, its cause i dont have the money.... ah key factor. i dont think you all understand what im trying to accomplish here. im not trying to make my car run 10's in the 1/8. im trying to make my car run BETTER. and maybe gane a lil performance in the process. i can pick up a turbo cheep i have an hf mani, i can weld a down pipe thats not a prob and i can just as easily fab a charge pipe for like 150 tops, w/o having to buy a front mount or BOV cause im only going to run 4psi. trying to stick the the basics on this one, gotta use the stock computer. with that said will the fuel sys. be adadiquite, and how strong are the d15b's? and no more talk about 10psi on a stock bottom end thats silly.

C

·
0 Posts
4 psi wont even compensate for the restriction imposed by the turbo

lame idea

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
oxymoron691 said:
and no more talk about 10psi on a stock bottom end thats silly.
thats not silly, peopel do that plus some on stock blocks
4 psi will probably make your car slower, it would be a waste of money. find a chippable ecu and have someone chip it and run like 6-7 without the fmic and bov then

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
If you want to run boost be sure to use a BOV. It will cause major damage to the turbo overtime if you don't. If nothing else, get a cheap DSM BOV. I'd also get a DSM SMIC if nothing else. True running boost w/ out a IC is done a bit but remember this.

Forcing air into an engine creates heat.
Heat leads to detonation
Detonation leads to a new motor build.
Once you start down the path of modification, forever will it dominate your destiny.

I know, I have waaay too much time on my hands. Sue me. :alky:

C

·
0 Posts
whats silly is your lack of ability to spell.,

your post made me dumber, but on a serious note, you have no money, or knowledge, because if you did, you would realize 10 psi is tame. thats "safe" and can be had for the same amoutn of money 4 psi can.

i suggest you do some more research and get back to us

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
ccfab said:
whats silly is your lack of ability to spell.,

your post made me dumber, but on a serious note, you have no money, or knowledge, because if you did, you would realize 10 psi is tame. thats "safe" and can be had for the same amoutn of money 4 psi can.

i suggest you do some more research and get back to us
Can we avoid having people flame on here. Seriously, WTF was the point of that comment other than to attempt to instigate something.

·
Registered
civic dx
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
jimmyb34 said:
thats not silly, peopel do that plus some on stock blocks
4 psi will probably make your car slower, it would be a waste of money. find a chippable ecu and have someone chip it and run like 6-7 without the fmic and bov then
this is more like the info i was lookin for. thanks man. but i know for a fact 4psi makes noticeable hp. i still dont think its that bad of an idea, why the fuck is everyone jumpin down my throat. i know how turbos work, i work on cars every day at school and the job. i want info on the block, fuel system, and ignition system. oh and fuck that kid who said i kant spall guud... this is a forum not english class ass hole i graduated years ago.

K

·
0 Posts
You should be fine but always use a BOV at the least. If you want the turbo to last and I'm assuming you do. So use the bov and you should be fine.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
boostdeliquent said:
Can we avoid having people flame on here. Seriously, WTF was the point of that comment other than to attempt to instigate something.
Shut up. First of all he said "on a serious note" half way through the thread, clearly meaning it a was j/k. Seriously though, the question he's asking makes it sound like he doesn't know what he doing. It sounds like another I'm turboing my car what exact fuel system do I need, what ignition sys. do I need, can I boost this motor, etc. . Do some RESEARCH before you start a thread and look like a noob.

·
Registered
civic dx
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i dont want to know exactly what fuel/ignition sys. to use. i want to know if stock components will handle 4 psi thats it. please for the love of god will some one answer me that question. dont read anything else into this.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts