Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
00kickercivic said:
hks ssq is loud... havent heard the others
i kind of like the sound, but i don't think my hks ssq is as loud as the turbo xs ones i've heard! maybe different sounds at different boost levels? idk

T

·
0 Posts
DpoweredEF said:
What about the GReedy Type RS?
Greedy is right, I mean Greddy...The RS is pretty loud, at least louder than a DSM bov (the only other bov I`ve used that I can compare it to).

Why do you want a loud BOV?

In my experience, all it does is piss off hillbillys in pickup trucks who end up trying to race you in their turbo duallys with bails of hay in the back.

·
Registered
201 Posts
T3_60trim said:
Greedy is right, I mean Greddy...The RS is pretty loud, at least louder than a DSM bov (the only other bov I`ve used that I can compare it to).

Why do you want a loud BOV?

In my experience, all it does is piss off hillbillys in pickup trucks who end up trying to race you in their turbo duallys with bails of hay in the back.
because driving down the road in the boosted d with a loud bov gets all the little girlies to look! hey at least here in hawaii all the girls look when i shift past them! j/p.....i've never heard the Greddy rs yet! looks good tho!

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
if you want loud
turbo xs
if you want clean then HKS

T

·
0 Posts
BoOsTeD_eX said:
because driving down the road in the boosted d with a loud bov gets all the little girlies to look! hey at least here in hawaii all the girls look when i shift past them! j/p.....i've never heard the Greddy rs yet! looks good tho!

LOL, I do like drivin by a girl and making the BOV go pftssswhooosh...that`s fun.

It just kinda sucks because everyone around you thinks you`re trying to race them. It gets annoying after while especially when you`re on lunch break and you`re just trying to go to BurgerKing with a highschooler in dad`s buick trying to race you to the next stoplight during the middle of the day.

·
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!
1,892 Posts
T3_60trim said:
LOL, I do like drivin by a girl and making the BOV go pftssswhooosh...that`s fun.
most dont know what the fuck it is... my friend thinks it sounds like the doors opening on the metro bus...

T

·
0 Posts
00kickercivic said:
most dont know what the fuck it is... my friend thinks it sounds like the doors opening on the metro bus...

Exactly. It`s not the point that they KNOW what that noise is, but WHY a little honda was making that sound.

·
Registered
201 Posts
T3_60trim said:
Exactly. It`s not the point that they KNOW what that noise is, but WHY a little honda was making that sound.
no shit, haha, its kinda funny too becuz the ones that don't know what it is give a different look! but you can tell the ones that know what that sound is because THEIR JAWS DROP!!!!!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
hks ssqv..its low and it sound sweet..no other bov sounds like it..most bov sould like a dms but just louder..almost all bov sound like air rushing out only..but the hks SSQV has a nice sound to it....u just got to hear it to reallly know how it sounds..
i've had greddy type s, type-r, turbonetic godzilla, hks sqv and hks ssqv, dsm stock, blitz... hks ssqv wins hands down..if u want girls to turn head get the ssqv..u want loud noise punch a hole in your muffler or drop the cat..hehe

1 - 20 of 41 Posts