Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I got my new ZEX cam installed my exhaust sounds very loud. It sound like it did before I installed a resonator. Is it supposed to be this loud after a cam install? I assume since the exaust valves open up more and stay open longer it is possibly normal sound. Maybe I need to get bigger resonator now.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

You got Stage 1 so I guess my it is normal for stage 2 to be so loud.
Drives nice though so I'll get a bigger resonator

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
RS-R EX MAG...only exhuast i know of that claims OEM noise levels. any one else chime in.

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
apexi world sport is real quiet..
and pretty cheap for a cat back too.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sounds nice.

Thank you for input. My muffler shop installed a 2" OD resinator on my 2 1/4in exhaust pipe. I asked if it would restrict the flow and tech told me that resinators supposed to be smalled to provide best silencing effect. Is he bullshitting me? Is there a way for me to install Cherry Bomb without welding? Like the U clamps or something?

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
not the greatest idea..cause they rust and loosen over time...welding is easy..
as long as you find a decent shop to do it right no half assed job!
and it provides a better seal so no leaks later on..;

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
size?

What about putting the 2" od resinator on 2 1/4 in od pipe? IS it realy that way or is muffler shop pulling my leg?

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
you really dont need a resinator...
just think what that word means...?resinate...
make loud..
on any of the mandrel exhaust systems...they really dont have anything but a pipe...
and its all welded or bolted with gaskets...no u bolts here..its not a flowmaster on a camaro..it has lots of back pressure...and it needs it...dont let it leak out

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
humor me for a moment, has anyone tried using a dynomax twin in/out muffler like the mugen twin loop for a 88-91 civic/crx?

·
I used to be Admin.....
763 Posts
rotory20 said:
you really dont need a resinator...
just think what that word means...?resinate...
make loud..
on any of the mandrel exhaust systems...they really dont have anything but a pipe...
and its all welded or bolted with gaskets...no u bolts here..its not a flowmaster on a camaro..it has lots of back pressure...and it needs it...dont let it leak out
When I first installed my catback it sounded real tinny and a little farty, like bees were in my pipe at higher rpm's. After the 22" resonator was installed it calmed it down quite a bit and removed the bee noise. Im well within the legal decible limit even at high-rpm WOT.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Greddy SP2 sounds delicious on my bros b17c. :) I'm saving for that or Ex-Mag for when I build my y8.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts