Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, I own civic 95 rebuilt d16 with turbo. the car is around the 400whp . Action clutch stage 4
I have a lot of vibrations when I shifting and a little bit while i'm on neutral.
My currently engine mounts are oem , very weak and always get torn.
what mounts should I get for reduce those vibrations?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,398 Posts
summer never ends.
1) a search would help
2) budget
3) window weld (search)
4) search

·
Registered
339 Posts
I would have never guessed.

I would look into a set of hasport mounts and run a stock right torque mount and a filled left torque mount.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I assume it's a street car so I wouldn't really recommend solid mounts. I had some aluminum solid torque mounts on my car a few months ago and I took them out because it vibrated so intense.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
I had solid mounts on my turbo d16 and have them on my new high c/r b18b1(have not ran yet) both engines were balanced from crank pulley to flywheel and was/will be driven daily and it did not vibrate that bad. Mostly just a foot massage. But the instant power transfer to the floor is worth it also no engine flopping around.

·
Registered
92 cx
934 Posts
I doubt it's just the mounts. It's probably missing clips in the interior or a body panel isn't secured well enough. I usually turn the engine on with the hood up and touch parts of the car to see if it's jiggling and if stops when i hold it. Our cars weren't designed to have turbos, huge exhaust, intercooler, piping etc.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I had solid mounts on my turbo d16 and have them on my new high c/r b18b1(have not ran yet) both engines were balanced from crank pulley to flywheel and was/will be driven daily and it did not vibrate that bad. Mostly just a foot massage. But the instant power transfer to the floor is worth it also no engine flopping around.
YES!

I assume it's a street car so I wouldn't really recommend solid mounts. I had some aluminum solid torque mounts on my car a few months ago and I took them out because it vibrated so intense.
NO!

A: Commit or go home with solid mounts. Having only some of your mounts solid is dumb as shit and asking to break stuff and vibrate like crazy.

B: Solid steel are better than solid aluminum imo, but aluminum are ok too.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
YES!

NO!

A: Commit or go home with solid mounts. Having only some of your mounts solid is dumb as shit and asking to break stuff and vibrate like crazy.

B: Solid steel are better than solid aluminum imo, but aluminum are ok too.
true story, I had to do one mount at a time and after the first it was horrible. after the next better, after all three very nice.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
true story, I had to do one mount at a time and after the first it was horrible. after the next better, after all three very nice.
Yea, if you have one mount so solid it would have to break before the engine moves enough for the other mounts to engage, you effectively have a 1 mount engine until that mount snaps off. It is just a bad plan.

If you cant make at least 3 mount points solidly fixed, and preferably all of them, you shouldnt do any of them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts