Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im loosing fuel pressure when my car is off, so it looks like the fuel leaks from the top injector inside the intake manifold and all that fuel goes to my oil... so i went and bought another injector but im having the same problem. the only thing that i haven't check and thought about it while writing this are the injector O-RINGs

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Are you sure it's leaking? Some car lose fuel pressure but it's cause of the fuel pressured regulator but it goes back to the tank. My car losses fuel pressure once shut off and same with a friends car.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Replace the o rings with new ones, and use a LOT of lube, like dielectric grease or silicone grease or petroleum jelly. Use a twisting motion. Those injectors are a PITA to install if you knick the lower injector O ring to the intake manifold that exact same thing happens, the intake gets flooded with fuel. But once its running it will run ok...

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
how is this fuel pressure loss being verified as far as the injector being the culprit?

there are a couple other places to check for fuel pressure symptoms

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
Also, FP is going to bleed off, regardless. Losing pressure overnight is within the range of acceptable operation.

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,226 Posts
He's saying gasoline is leaking into the manifold. Chances are you have a bad o-ring, which is important since these are side-feed. Get a new seal, not just a hardened 25yr old original. Also only use fresh conventional motor oil on the seals like Honda recommends. Other lubes will make it easier, but most will also be broken down into compounds your injector screen & pintle won't like.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
Good ol' side-feed injectors. Yeah, lower oring seals are critical as the injector is sitting in a cup surrounded by fuel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts