Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Civic sedan
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car has had problems with "hiccups," no-starts, and shut-off over the past year or so. It's always been completely random and very rare. Well tonight I stumbled across the issue. I moved the ecu and then put it back and my car will not start. I pulled the ecu back out and it started up... While it was running I started jiggling wires and found out when I slightly move the wires that go to the distributor, at the B plug, it runs rough. If I move the wires back and forth too far it kills the ignition. Awesome.

So I'm not sure if I need a new B plug or if il be able to de-pin it and try to fix the pins to make them bite a little more.

Anyone have any experience with repairing loose pins in a connector. This is an obd0 to obd1 conversion harness. I've de-pinned obd0 plugs with success before, but I've never messed with the obd1 plugs, they look trickier.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
If it's the pins in the obd1 ecu plug then it not a hard fix. But if it's the wire/pin I. The obd0 header then your pretty much assed out and will need a new ecu jumper harness or hard wire the obd1 ecu plugs to the obd0 wiring.

·
Premium Member
91 Civic sedan
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I'm 100% sure it's at the obd1 side. Those 7 wires are actually already bypassed from the conv. harness lol. I guess I could have left that part out.

So is it possible to "dress up" the pins and put them back in the connector?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Ya I'm 100% sure it's at the obd1 side. Those 7 wires are actually already bypassed from the conv. harness lol. I guess I could have left that part out.

So is it possible to "dress up" the pins and put them back in the connector?
Can you post pics so I can understand what your talking about better?

·
Premium Member
91 Civic sedan
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1386826137.883234.jpg

This is the bypass I was referring to.

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1386826186.077475.jpg

The wires that curve up and over are the problem wires.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
The wires will need to be depined and cut down some to make sure the wires are not broken the. New pins crimped on and put back into the ecu plug.

Where do the wires go from the b ecu plug to?

·
Premium Member
91 Civic sedan
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah I understand, I have to replace the pins. And they go from the b plug to the distributor. Is it easy to get those pins?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
I have new pins for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts