Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
hover car
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i finally got my motor running strong, i had a problem with my IAC, it was clogged up and not working right causing my care to idle, sitting still around 2500, so i replaced the IAC and got my idle down to about 1k, BUTTTT, when i rev the motor up to about 1500-2000 it has a loopy idle, any ideas on what could cause this? open to any suggestions cause i have no idea

·
Registered
^^^^
2,102 Posts
Vacuum leaks, bad TPS..there are a few possible culprits.
Are you running a stock ECU?

BUTTTT, when i rev the motor up to about 1500-2000 it has a loopy idle
Do you mean when you rev it up to 1500-2000 and then let up on the pedal?

Is it searching and/or wandering?

·
Registered
hover car
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea its stock for now once i have the motor broken in i will chip and tune, all vaccum leaks have been fixed thats why i was unsure as to what it could be?

·
Formerly 95RedVXCivic
95 VX, 88 S/C MR2
862 Posts
yea its stock for now once i have the motor broken in i will chip and tune, all vaccum leaks have been fixed thats why i was unsure as to what it could be?
since you are breaking in the new engine, what is done to it? anything at all?

·
Registered
hover car
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya, head: full P&P. Bisi stg 2 regrind. bisi springs retainers. kms racing valves, .o3 shave on the head, bisi cam gear, port matched intake with port matched b-series throttle body, .5mm overbore, all new bottom end other than that except that it is oem...gay...stg 4 comp clutch and 8lb steel flywheel (comp) si tranny. all in a ef hatch prolly missed a few things but dont remember

·
Formerly 95RedVXCivic
95 VX, 88 S/C MR2
862 Posts
ya, head: full P&P. Bisi stg 2 regrind. bisi springs retainers. kms racing valves, .o3 shave on the head, bisi cam gear, port matched intake with port matched b-series throttle body, .5mm overbore, all new bottom end other than that except that it is oem...gay...stg 4 comp clutch and 8lb steel flywheel (comp) si tranny. all in a ef hatch prolly missed a few things but dont remember
your cam will make it a little loopy on its own, not to mention the p&p. you really, really need a good tune though.

·
Formerly 95RedVXCivic
95 VX, 88 S/C MR2
862 Posts
also, what is you cr?

·
Registered
hover car
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
10:5:1

·
Formerly 95RedVXCivic
95 VX, 88 S/C MR2
862 Posts
yeah, you will have a slightly loopy idle and a little ways up into the rpms with you setup, you should be able to tone it down a little with a tune. do you need a chipped ecu, or yours chipped?

·
Registered
hover car
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
going to put in a chipped p28 after i break it in and tune it on chrome

1 - 10 of 10 Posts