Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm completely new to this site, and have a few questions.
I have 05 honda civic, was a reverb, but i completely changed the body to custom kit, she's dropped 1.4 inches sitting on 18 inch konig 's . The car came with single overhead cam 1.7, and now i want to give her a little go. i have access now to a 1.6 vtec d series motor fully built & turbo and wondering if this can be swapped into my car. i have been trying to research this but havnt had much luck. Any help would be awsome!!!! :yes:

·
Registered
Honda
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so its not possible? or you saying its just a lot of playing around? i dont mind spending the money and messing around if it is possible, this motor is putting 310 to the wheels dyno and i would love to have it in my car :)

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
From what i hear about these kinda swaps is it is not worth it, too much money and too much hassle.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Ya, Staypuff's right. The turbo D16 is most likely a motor that won't be a direct drop in for your car and no one makes swap kits for them. This leaves you with a bunch of odd-ball wiring to do and figure out on your own. Just not worth it.

If you really wanna get more power, I'd recommend swapping to an earlier platform. They're much easier and cheaper to modify.

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
K-swap that biatch!

Straight drop-in procedure. You can find K20A'3 complete and cheap for around 1'g.
Easy upgrade with a'lot more potential, not to mention way better then your beat up 1.7l.

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
K-swap that biatch!

Straight drop-in procedure. You can find K20A'3 complete and cheap for around 1'g.
Easy upgrade with a'lot more potential, not to mention way better then your beat up 1.7l.
This.

Hey T, you think a k24a2 would fit in the 7th gen civics? They do in the EP3's, and are a ton of fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts