4,052 Posts

speed = upgrade transmission

power = turn up the boost.

knowledge = search

spoon fed = gtfo.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,052 Posts
have you looked into a bigger snail? turning up the boost? larger exhaust? better manifold?

·
Registered
97 honda civic
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure how much more boost the engine can take, the nitto neogens on it are about wore out, so sometimes I spin in second, so I may not get the full take off cause it shoots up to 7500rpms really quick, and i know i need to upgrade to 1000cc injectors but I dont know how much more power I will get, gonna put potenza re-71rs on it and see, the turbo on it can probably go to 20psi but I dont wanna start breaking shit lol

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,052 Posts
so,

open it up
throw in forged pistons
arp head studs
upgrade your manifold
larger turbo
larger exhaust
upgrade fuel pump
tune.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Your tuner is who you need to talk to.

More than likely, you still have stock honda fuel lines from tank to rail, as i dont see them listed.

spend a few hundred smackaroos, and get a nice AN8 line kit put together complete with good inline filters down to around 20 microns near the rail, and a decent 100-300 micron filter near the tank for initial filtering.

If you dont use E85, an AN6 line setup should be okay.
Make sure you dont use paper or cotton based fuel filters if you go E85 though.

having a nice boost of fuel from the new lines should allow your tuner to grab some extra power. And better control of fuel pressures

Understand that over 250whp in a civic is kinda foolish if you cannot control it.

Do some bushings, inspect and replace balljoints and wheel bearings as needed, and find a set of nice tires.

No point in having a lot of power if all you can do is roast the tires in a straight line. Even drag racing wants a snug suspension and good brakes so you dont hit a wall.

Have fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts