Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I’m new to owning a Honda and all the bits and pieces that come with it. I am running a stock D16Y4 and while it’s good fun I want something a little more powerful but I want to keep the D-Series motor I’ve had 10+ people telling me “just b-series swap it” but I like the d-series (hence why I’m here). When swapping to the D16Y8 is there many problems people run into and is there anything other then the engine, ecu and wiring harness that I’ll need to swap. Looking to make a street/track and show car that I’ll be driving as a daily and will later turbo it anyone able to help and anyone have any input on what I can do, open to learn anything and everything about these cars so any advice and knowledge is welcomed. I’ve seen some of the comments people leave on new comers threads and just want to say that we are all learning and we have all been there once why be aggressive to people who are willing to learn whag you know and in our car community there needs to be less hate especially cause everyone here has a Honda and runs a D-series why hate and ruin someone’s dream. Hope you can help out as much as you can

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,308 Posts
use the wiring harness and sensors from the d14. wiring vtec will be something youll have to do as well. then use the y8 ecu. should
be plug and play. remember obd2a to obd2a and 2b to 2b

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
2,007 Posts
Welcome

I don't think it's a hate or aggression thing ,most likely just thin skin..

leave the y4 in there save some cash do ALOT of reading, find a clean d16 block and crankshaft build it for turbo and swap it in,
or I might get angry and bash your dreams...

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Whats the Y4 look like? power figures put it above a d16y7 USA engine, and below a d16y8 usa engine.

I wonder if its basically a y7 engine with a better intake manifold, or an under car cat-converter rather than a restrictive manifold converter.

Either way, you may not get much of a gain going with y8.

no vtec means less tuning issues and more reliability!

vtec simply means low rpm is happy, and even with an aggressive cam, you still have good drivability.

If you plan to turbo it, are you going to tune it yourself? if so, staying non-vtec may be good, then deal with converting it later on

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.