Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently have my d17 turbo'd. Looking to build it. Spoke to a few people and such and found that I have my eyes set to these things below.

K1 Rods & Wiseco Piston's

Now when purchasing Pistons Should I go for the 75mm or the 75.5mm?

This is where i'm confused. I'm starting to learn the basics of the interals of the engine. I never wanted to ever do a headgasket. but finally had the balls to do one and it worked out. I have since done a bunch and am very comfortable.

I know a good machine shop around here as well.

So how does this work. I order the rods/pistons/new rod bearings bring it to the machine shop and say here install these for me in the block?

Or do I have to tell them more then that? This is what I don't get. Once they install these items my block will be reliable for more boost under a great tune correct?

Help me out. i'm confused as hell on this. Because there is a shop that charges 1500$-2500$ For the pistons/rods/etc installed with labor and the parts. seems high as hell. when i priced out 520 pistons and 400$ for the rods plus the bearings.

help ! lol

·
Registered
152 Posts
If i was going to start fresh, id want a 100% fresh surface, if 75.5's do not costs any more or just a bit more, go ahead and pick them up by all means.

It just slightly changes the displacement, and compression. If you have a good amount of miles on the d17 id go ahead and push it .2 over (.5mil)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts