Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people, new-ish here, I'm a lurker but finally thrown in the towel scouring the internet..

I'm looking for a cam that will make decent power (Not really an issue if it has a mega lumpy idle.. :devil: ) on a T3 GT35 Ball bearing turbo NON-VTEC. I have an MB2 Civic Sport with a D14Z4 which is being replaced by a D16B2 I picked up for £50 / $65. I stripped it down and got ordering parts..

the parts I have ordered at Wiesco 75.5mm pistons, standard length Eagle rods, ARP bolts, OE Gaskets, Supertech valvetrain kit, BWR blockguard, ACL Race Bearings, Ebay Skunk2 style IM and a 70mm TB

Will be skimming .004" off the head to get a bit more CR back, and notching the block and girdle. Will be running 450cc DSM injectors I have. The car is going to be a daily so will be looking for around 200hp. Yes the build is over excessive for 200-250 but I want insurance against a mishap that may occur.

I'm now stuck looking for a cam, preferably something thats available off the shelf and doesn't require regrind of my old cam. Help? :thinking:

·
Premium Member
88 RT4WD wagon
227 Posts
possibly consider a smaller turbo as well, a gt28r would make that power much sooner heck a 2554 wouldnt run out of steam until 280.

·
Registered
0 Posts
How is your d16b2? Im driving one atm and have a d16w3 im gunna be rebuilding and swapping for boost but im not sure which one would be better to boost after a full rebuild incl css etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts