Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i am in search of more power. What do you think is the next bolt on i should do? I'm not looking to do any major upgrading since this is a daily driver. Here's the current set up right now.

1997 Civic EX
td04-15g greddy turbo kit
greddy type 31 intercooler
turboxs rfl bov
lucas 440cc injectors
vafc(afc hack)
turboxs dual stage boost controller(5.5psi/10psi)
Aem power pulleys
msd wires w/ ngk +1 step colder plugs
2.5" dual tanabe exhaust

any advice would be great...thanks

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You could try adding a MSD 6BTM ignition box that would make a world of difference.

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
maybe do some small headwork, like a more aggressive cam. that would give you some nice power

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was thinking about a cam. But if i get a cam, wouldn't i have to change out my valve springs and retainers too?

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how about workign with what you have now? Take the afc and trash it. put in a hondata and use a 3-bar map. you canthen run up to 12-14 lbs on that motor when properly tuned and make 250 or so wheel power. how's that for an upgrade?

·
Registered
73 Posts
oscarmayer said:
how about workign with what you have now? Take the afc and trash it. put in a hondata and use a 3-bar map. you canthen run up to 12-14 lbs on that motor when properly tuned and make 250 or so wheel power. how's that for an upgrade?
I couldn't agree more. I'm going with a hondata now, and can't believe I didn't do it sooner!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts