Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a 3 gauge kit that goes under the dash. Temp, Oil pressure, and Volts. But I bought a temperature gauge kit(My gauge is broke) and the sensor it came with was to big so I was hoping someone could direct me to a kit with sensors that arnt to big. The cars a 90 civic wagon, thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you say your gauge broke, did it just stop working? Did you try and fix it at all?
Alternator went out and started over charging the system, blew all the bulbs, many fuses, the gauge, battery. The rest of the cluster works though. Ive tried replacing the temp sensor for the gauge and for the pc.(The two temp sensors on the passenger side of the head). Once I start the car, it just jumps to max temp.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
find a gauge cluster off ebay, some online salvage yards still sell them at a decent price.

I would first ohm-out the temp sensor on the thermostat housing.

There are technically 3 sensors, a simple fan switch, a ecu-only temp sensor, and a gauge sensor

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
find a gauge cluster off ebay, some online salvage yards still sell them at a decent price.

I would first ohm-out the temp sensor on the thermostat housing.

There are technically 3 sensors, a simple fan switch, a ecu-only temp sensor, and a gauge sensor
Cheapest Cluster I seen on ebay was 60 and its for an automatic car, the cheapest exact match one is 200. And none of my local yards even have any 88-91 civics, let alone wagons. The ECU and Gauge sensor were both replace and also tested and id assume the fan one is good cause the fan does kick on when the engine gets hot(reving it at 4k to test since no temp gauge). Id also like add extra info with the oil pressure and volts so I can maybe know why my car broke down next time lol. Also about 40 mins ago, I bought the gauges and a under dash pod for $60~, all digital

1 - 5 of 5 Posts