Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello party people. Let me preface this by saying I don't make it a habit of loosing parts. However, it would seem that I misplaced quite of few things for my mini me swap, one of which being some misc crap for the rocker arms. If anyone has one laying around or bits of it laying around please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not 100 percent but I don't think they're entirely interchangeable.

That being said, the only things I'm missing are the intake slider pins for vtec and the endcaps.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds great. I'll take the whole assembly or just the vtec pin and end caps. Keep me updated.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,701 Posts
I’ve got the bolts, LMAs, pins, and spark plug tube spacers (whatever you call those things). Weather permitting I’ll be hitting the pick and pull on Saturday so I can keep an eye out for a Z6 or a Y8 if you want to go that route.
If you find an intact Z6 up there, Im going to visit Virginia with a backseat full of tools lol. Let me know.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,701 Posts
I'm not 100 percent but I don't think they're entirely interchangeable.

That being said, the only things I'm missing are the intake slider pins for vtec and the endcaps.
When you say end caps, do you mean the cam caps at the ends of the head?

If so, those are lined bored to the head, and are usually not interchangeable without re-line boring.

The pins and rocker arms between the Z6 and Y8 are the same. Measured and verified like 16 times :)

Scroll down on that page for indepth comparisons.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When you say end caps, do you mean the cam caps at the ends of the head?

If so, those are lined bored to the head, and are usually not interchangeable without re-line boring.

The pins and rocker arms between the Z6 and Y8 are the same. Measured and verified like 16 times :)

Scroll down on that page for indepth comparisons.
Yessir, the cam caps. That is a darn shame. Pretty sure the guy I bought the head from just didn't have a full rocker arm assembly for some reason. Oh well, guess that's what I get for not checking lol.

I'm gonna see if I cant just find someone selling a Z6 complete head nearby. Worst case scenario I'll try to scrounge some parts and see if anything fits.

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
729 Posts
How about a mildly ported head that needs guides and a valve job? Wouldn't really want to cannibalize a complete head.

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
729 Posts
Knowing what it's going to need done ill let it go cheap, pm me shipping details so I can check shipping prices, or I'll send mine so you can.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts