Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys I'm just trying to figure out if my current setup would be reliable for putting down 9-15 psi daily Y8. So hears my setup. I'm not going to be ripping on the thing, just want a little more pep. I've seen these setups get around 250.

Cast manifold
Internally gated T25 Turbo. Water cooled.
1-Piece Charge pipe (Fit my JRC 8" Intercooler) 2.5" dia.
2.5" Downpipe
DSM Blue top 450cc Injectors
P28 Tuned on Uberdata
Oldschool HKS BOV (I've never seen/heard one like it)
Turbo XS Pro Boost Controller
Walbro 255 Pump
Arp Headstuds
C&R Radiator

May add a cam, what do you guys recommend?

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
Does the internal wastegate even handle 15PSI without spiking or creeping is what I would be more concerned with. If you want to run 15PSI your going to need at least a 2.5bar map sensor and don't forget your fuel management since you didn't list it.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Okay guys I'm just trying to figure out if my current setup would be reliable for putting down 9-15 psi daily Y8. So hears my setup. I'm not going to be ripping on the thing, just want a little more pep. I've seen these setups get around 250.

Cast manifold
Internally gated T25 Turbo. Water cooled.
1-Piece Charge pipe (Fit my JRC 8" Intercooler) 2.5" dia.
2.5" Downpipe
DSM Blue top 450cc Injectors
P28 Tuned on Uberdata
Oldschool HKS BOV (I've never seen/heard one like it)
Turbo XS Pro Boost Controller
Walbro 255 Pump
Arp Headstuds
C&R Radiator

May add a cam, what do you guys recommend?
you can give me some of your parts to help me finish my kit :p

but you shouldnt need a cam just for 200hp most people get to 200hp+ on stock. Also build list sounds nice. its kinda like mines, and i like that intercooler piping

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Does the internal wastegate even handle 15PSI without spiking or creeping is what I would be more concerned with. If you want to run 15PSI your going to need at least a 2.5bar map sensor and don't forget your fuel management since you didn't list it.
2x on the wastegate and map sensor but he said chipped p28 and 450 dsm injectors

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the car is chipped with Uberdata, but I want more of a tune on the fly. I would think with a boost controller the wastegate would be fine. Forgot about listing the map sensor.

·
Registered
487 Posts
2x on the wastegate and map sensor but he said chipped p28 and 450 dsm injectors
Oh sorry, I must've skipped over the P28.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yeah the car is chipped with Uberdata, but I want more of a tune on the fly. I would think with a boost controller the wastegate would be fine. Forgot about listing the map sensor.
You want real-time updating? If so I would suggest either Neptune or Hondata. I've personally used Neptune and I loved it while I had it. Ran 15PSI with my Greddy kit and made self-tuning a breeze by datalogging and updating on the fly. But I would still get the timing and final tune done on a dyno and by someone with a good rep.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A buddy of mine made the piping. Just took some time and grinding. I've been looking into Neptune. How reliable will it be with 15 psi put into it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good to know. In the not too distant future I may upgrade to a t28 or something. But this thing will be run daily at 10psi with a 15psi max setting.

·
Registered
487 Posts
You can't go wrong with Neptune. Even though I used Neptune in my last setup, I'll be using Hondata this time around.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Been running a similar setup with my z6 using a dsm t25. Made 214whp at the stock wastegate setting (10.5 psi). A cam will be overkill IMO. Been running turboed on a 190k mi d16 for about 10months now. The main thing about the reliability is getting a good tuner to tune it. It can make or break the driving experience. Running ~13psi now. No spiking or creeping and it has great boost response.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts