supertech valves,springs and retainers
aem cam gear
fully ported and polished head
Skunk 2 intake manifold
65mm Throttle body
Missing a good cam here (------------

Planning on buying a garrett 57trim turbo

i need your help to a good cam that fits with my setup
im not planning on drive it everyday so i dont really care if the idle is sloppy
thx alot

·
Registered
720 Posts
good luck, i made 415 on the Crower, and i HIGHLY suggest you get rid of that block guard...it will cause the motor to blow, TRUST ME..

dont believe me? pm me and ill tell you why...

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
zex 59300 or 53900 cams seems popular for boosted people check turbod16.com seems like a lot of people run them.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
59500 proven to work unlike the Bisi; no I am not say the Bisi cam does not work, just have not seen anyone with a Bisi cam making big power. That might change really soon JFK78 will be using one, keep a eye out on him to see what happens.

·
Administrator
6,992 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
not to get off topic but this whole thing about blockguards isgetting to me. one day its have it done by a pro and get it decked and welded in.then the next its no no no blockguards and bad very bad blow motor blow motor real hard. WHICH IS IT???

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
It's a 59300 or 59500...no such thing as a 53900, but I wonder what that might be like? LOL
lmao i made a mistake its 59300 lol and yes there is no such this as 53900 i mixed it up with 59500.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
not to get off topic but this whole thing about blockguards isgetting to me. one day its have it done by a pro and get it decked and welded in.then the next its no no no blockguards and bad very bad blow motor blow motor real hard. WHICH IS IT???
dude how many boosted d's in the 400hp+ range use a block guard. do the research none of them use them for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Bisimoto Engineering • View topic - Bisimoto Level 1.2 Turbo cam, F22A non-vtec
i love that pull. makes me smile in my pants :wackit: :yes:

not to get off topic but this whole thing about blockguards is getting to me. one day its have it done by a pro and get it decked and welded in.then the next its no no no blockguards and bad very bad blow motor blow motor real hard. WHICH IS IT???
design of the guard is very important. it can't block the coolent passages to the head. once
this is done, the rest comes into play.

so when looking into them:
1) design
2) install
3) bore/hone cylinders to ensure they are straight

block guards are ok. there is a good sized thread about it here in the FI section. search!

No not talking smack just stating facts.
your right, there are not more then a hand full of people making huge power on the bisi cam... yet.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
double post sorry

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
Regarding the below setup, was this on pump gas? It is VERY similar to mine and my tuner said 350 is about the knock limit on pump???

Bisimoto Level 1.2 Turbo cam, D16Z6

Postby Bisimoto on Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:42 am
Bisimoto level 1.2 camshaft
Bisimoto Springs
Bisimoto Cam gear
stock sleeves .5mm overbore
CP 9:1 pistons
eagle rods
acl bearings
cometic gasket
arp studs
stock port head