Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says I'm looking for a book to help me with building my d16y8.

My hp goals are from 250-300ish

it will be a dd car and I want to keep it relaible as possible just hoping some people on here have read a good book they can reccomend.

Any help much appreciated

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Ok I get your saying d-series.org is one of the best places to look for info on building a d series what I'm asking for is a book that some one took the time to go thru everything it takes to turbo a d and some info into what parts work and were to start. I have been looking thru the forums alot and it's helped alot but I'm looking for a book

·
Banned
My car...
1,875 Posts
There's no book in particular where someone has just built a D.
There's simply so many ways/things you can do differently.

What's optimal for one person isn't for another.
And 99% of build (especially d-series builds) are a number of compromises/budget constraints leading towards a final product.
Very few people have done balls-to-the-wall D builds.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's no book in particular where someone has just built a D.
There's simply so many ways/things you can do differently.

What's optimal for one person isn't for another.
And 99% of build (especially d-series builds) are a number of compromises/budget constraints leading towards a final product.
Very few people have done balls-to-the-wall D builds.
Yea I get that I just thought there was a book that could help me out I wasn't really expecting a book just on d series

Was expecting a Acura/Honda performance kinda book, I've seen some just was wondering if there was a book someone could recommend.

Anyways thanks for the input I appreciate it

·
Banned
My car...
1,875 Posts
If your in the States, head down to your local Barnes and Noble or Borders.
In the "Transportation" Section, they should have a few books on Turbocharging engines
Flip through them, see which one you like. There's usually a few different ones, some color, some aren't.

The reason I mention DSO is because I've flipped through the above mentioned books a few times, and there is VERY LITTLE in those books that hasn't been covered on this forum.

·
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1
95 Del Sol Si
560 Posts
Ill write a book

Burton's How to build a badass D to whoop DOHC ass

Step1: buy vitaras, eagle rods, 1000cc injectors, ebay turbo kit, and meth kit.

Step2: install the previously bought parts

Step3: do awesome burnouts in you 600whp monster while popping your rfl bov at 35psi at all the local car meets which will net you pussy in bed every night for the rest of your life.

Disclaimer: said "pussy" may or may not be attractive.

THE END.

Ok you happy a book is written and published?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ill write a book

Burton's How to build a badass D to whoop DOHC ass

Step1: buy vitaras, eagle rods, 1000cc injectors, ebay turbo kit, and meth kit.

Step2: install the previously bought parts

Step3: do awesome burnouts in you 600whp monster while popping your rfl bov at 35psi at all the local car meets which will net you pussy in bed every night for the rest of your life.

Disclaimer: said "pussy" may or may not be attractive.
Lmao!!! I get your being a smart ass but that shit is funny disclaimer is the best

1 - 11 of 11 Posts