Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ride bikes on here? im just getting into the street bike scene and i found a 92 cbr600f2 for 700 bucks with some "minor top end problems".

From the pictures it doesnt look like its been wrecked, but may have been laid over on the left side due to the scratches.

Im just looking for some advice, im willing to buy a cheapo bike and put some work into it but i dont want to buy something i would regret waiting and buying a couple years newer.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
not terrible, the front suspension and brakes on the F2 model are archaic.

the "top end problems" are probably either the cam chain tensioner hitting its service limit, or the valve clearances going out of spec

·
3,983 Posts
something is up with that gas tank though, see how in the one picture of the clutch side it's nice and flush, and the other side it's got a gap?

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
What's your budget? Been riding for a bunch of years now. I ride an 08 750. And an 05 600. If I were you figure out a price you're willing to pay first.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
the "top end problems" are probably either the cam chain tensioner hitting its service limit, or the valve clearances going out of spec
Bank on the fact that it'll likely need carb work too. Most older bikes do.

Oh and it has some signs of being laid down on both sides. The right upper fairing has some rub marks next to the headlight.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I'd wait man. That bike is way out of date for hard riding, if ya wanna cruise there are better bikes. I rode an 05 cbr and I loved the Honda bike feel, very forgiving. I'm with an above statement, get your budget and get the best, newest, cleanest bike when its comes along don't rush.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
not terrible, the front suspension and brakes on the F2 model are archaic.

Didn't they do inverted front shock when they F4i dropped?

I would save another G and try and find a used CBR F4i

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,867 Posts
That bike looks sweet, i love the late 80's, early 90's look of japanese bikes and cars. If hes asking 700 you could get it for probably 500 or less. Id do it, even if i just swaped a new motor into it from a smashed newer cbr instead of fixing anything. Also if your just getting into it having a dropped bike is a good thing. Run it for a year or then buy exactly what you want.

·
Registered
621 Posts
That bike looks sweet, i love the late 80's, early 90's look of japanese bikes and cars. If hes asking 700 you could get it for probably 500 or less. Id do it, even if i just swaped a new motor into it from a smashed newer cbr instead of fixing anything. Also if your just getting into it having a dropped bike is a good thing. Run it for a year or then buy exactly what you want.
Pretty much.

He, hell, anyone, would hate to drop a brand new bike. Lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
3,983 Posts
Didn't they do inverted front shock when they F4i dropped?

I would save another G and try and find a used CBR F4i
I think inverted forks hit on the second gen 600RR actually, but they went to floating rotors and good cartridge forks on the F3, which was a huge improvement.

I have a way with carbs on bikes so I'm not scared off by them, but most people don't... I'd agree, get something injected.

·
3,983 Posts
Bank on the fact that it'll likely need carb work too. Most older bikes do.

Oh and it has some signs of being laid down on both sides. The right upper fairing has some rub marks next to the headlight.
yep, and because it wasn't meant for E10, you get to play around with your needle taper to really get the fuelling 100% :no:

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow, didnt know there was this many bike riders on d-series. Yeah i think im going to pass, i would like to get a cbr or ninja in the 600cc range.

I would really like it, but for 700 even 500 and having it been laid over and its a 92 i think im diving into more problems than i really want at this time.

So what do you guys think are good bikes on a budget of about 1500$?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts