1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
CIVICRicerBoy said:
Why is OBX/SSAUTO bad?

Sorry. I'm new with this!
search H-T for ssauto, read all the threads of the manis cracking and the turbo's going to shit

some of their newer stuff is a little better. but its really hit or miss. one guy can run his for 2 years with no problems, but the next will barely start the car and if already fails. not worth the risk IMO

·
I wanna be just like Jimmy!!
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i suppose if you're a decent fabricator, the risk is worth it.. but true, if you can't fix what could break, you'd be SOL.. but still.. hot damn, the expensive half of the turbo kit for 600..

·
Registered
314 Posts
i heard the ssauto wastegates are actually decent so i bought one and its worked great for more than a year. so hit or miss is the case since there definitely are plenty of cases of their products going to shit.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
bermanator said:
i heard the ssauto wastegates are actually decent so i bought one and its worked great for more than a year. so hit or miss is the case since there definitely are plenty of cases of their products going to shit.
ok, im running an ssauto WG and turbo. the turbo ONLY because i got a smoking deal on it and i had personally seen it run for 5k+ on a bud's car. i knew the condition, and was able to see that it had no shaftplay or anything. so far its treated me good.

i heard good things about the WGs so i got one, its treated me well too

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
d16rice said:
I've had OBX-R 4-2-1 header and their fuel PSI regulator on my car for over four years now with no problems.
I'm not sure about the turbo stuff they make, but for N/A, OBX is good.
Mine had perfect fitment and everything.
the turbo stuff is where 99% of the problems are

1 - 12 of 12 Posts