Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i looked at this car today http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/car/172298204.html
and here are the pics i took of it while i was there sorry my camera is cheap

it was prett fast when i drove it it had a CEL becuase the idiot never put in a spot for the O2 sensor (the guy selling it didnt put the kit on) it grinded a little in 3rd on hard shifting, there was no line for the valve cover breather the motor has about 125k on it and the car had like 209k the turbo had maybe been on there for liek 10k it was dripping oil form somewhere after about 10 mins of sitting there were a good 3-5 drops on the ground and there was oil on the eigne i couldnt see wher eit was leaking from also they took off the ps pump and left it connected just pulled the belt and zipp tied it off to the side cuz it would fit wiht the turbo manifold......other than that the guy said it had 228 hp when he got it and he has put on a 2.5" exhaust wiht no cat so i guess it would have a few more it had dsm blue tops and a chipped p28 as well tell me what you guys think if its worth considering

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
aallbbeerrtttttt said:
looks super ghetto rigged...i wouldn't touch it
ummm that is not ghetto rigged. honestly there is much much much much worse out there that isnt that bad at all

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you guys think i should make him an offer a 92 dx in perfect shape on kbb is worth 2700 and that isnt perfect and its got issues so i dont think its worth 2800

·
Registered
461 Posts
You're not taking into consideration he probably has $1,500+ in that turbo set-up, $500 into the engine swap, who knows how much into the suspension, etc.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Yeah it's not the worst. Not something I would probably get, but seems worth the money.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
O 16581 72452 5 said:
You're not taking into consideration he probably has $1,500+ in that turbo set-up, $500 into the engine swap, who knows how much into the suspension, etc.
it never matters how much you have into a car you immediately lose the value of bolt ones when they are bolted on

·
Registered
461 Posts
d1589hatchy said:
it never matters how much you have into a car you immediately lose the value of bolt ones when they are bolted on
Tell that to a friend of mine that sold his B18B '92 rusty CX for $6,000, or another friend that bought a rusty '92 H22 4 door for $5,000.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i just dont feel its worth 2800 being all it needs its been flogged so it snot in tip top anymore

·
Registered
256 Posts
Well given the fact that the fenders are a different shade of red from the rest of the car, I would say that would be your first clue about this "thing" ( possible damage history?) Unless you want a project and a half I say stay away.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea and the guy who owns it drives the shit out of it....but it was quick

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
O 16581 72452 5 said:
Tell that to a friend of mine that sold his B18B '92 rusty CX for $6,000, or another friend that bought a rusty '92 H22 4 door for $5,000.
there are a few dumb people in the world that will pay stupid amounts of money for cars that arent worth it like 6grand for a rusty b18 hatch but those people are sometimes hard to come by

1 - 20 of 39 Posts