Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to pick 'n' pull today to do some looking around. Found nothing I needed or was looking for. Did find something that is rather rare to find. Any sort of forced induction of sorts usually goes really fast. Just as I was about to leave i decided to go look at soem of the thunderbirds they had there. I came across a dark blue 92 Thunderbird se and well seems I got lucky. Found a SC that was still left attached.

The car only had 63,324 on the O.D and well the charger looks in good shape. Dont have the time or money or even thinking of trying to custom make something to it. I plann to disesemble, clean and or replace whatever needs to be done. Anyone think a profit coudl be turned out of this? I mostly want to take it apart so I can learn more about SC's in general.

It broke one of my crasftman sockets. That made me a little sad, though I did get the charger

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
a little cleaning and polishing and you're probably looking at a good profit man.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I have seen a guy on sohchonda try to mock up a setup witha twin screw. Always wanted to do the same but seems now i dont have the time or money to be playing aroudn with any funyn stuff. I would love to though. Right off from when i walked out the picknpull doors i got offered 100. We shall see, anone know of a place where replacement parts can be foudn for such thing as this?

Monday I plan on taking it apart and see wht I find on the inside. It moves freely and there seems to be no internal damage from what I can see. I will post some pictures when i take it apart

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Those usually go on ebay for no less then 100-350 with the price difference being in what all is included.Ford guys love these for thunderbirds,mustangs,cougars merkurs and whatever else comes with a 3.8.If I were you Id go back and see if you could get the intercooler and piping cheap to turn a bigger profit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-THUNDERBIRD-COUGAR-MUSTANG-SUPERCHARGER_W0QQitemZ150070508049QQihZ005QQcategoryZ33741QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

One with bidding at 100+50 shipping for just the charger elbow and tb

And one with bidding at 200+ with everything needed

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-Thunderbird-SC-supercharger-package_W0QQitemZ260065599081QQihZ016QQcategoryZ33741QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
nice find, i wish our local junk yard had nice kparts like that, the only thing i've actually found at my local yard (that i was looking for)was a clutch slave cylinder...

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Nice find. I wish my local junk yards would just let me go walk around check out various cars. There's no telling how much stuff I'd have by now.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
The last time I went to my somewhat local junkyard I was looking for a turbo. All the Eclipses and Talons were stripped bare of about everything. Its so hard to find parts that are really worth while.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts