Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
95 hatch
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing a compression test to see if my rings were bad "thats how you do it right? lol" and each cylinder was 240 psi. The white spark plug came from the number 4 cylinder. Lol, why's it so lean there? What do you think could cause this problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
95 hatch
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe the plugs but i replaced them less than 10k miles ago. . The injectors i took to dr. injector in tacoma to get some insurance just in case and they flow just fine.

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
What air fuels are you running and what's your timing. Check your cylinder trim in CROME and see if somehow the cylinder trim got turned down. How much timing do you have. You have build up on its porcelein & detonation from what it looks like. What heat range plugs do you have?

So do all that and write back. Go from there. Add fuel in the cylinder trim by a decent amount. Monitor a/f's and then see if it fixes your problem. That is what its there for..

·
Registered
95 hatch
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
did you idle the car for a bit before turning it off?
What do you mean? like every time i drive, do i let it idle for second before i turn it off? If you mean that, no.

What air fuels are you running and what's your timing. Check your cylinder trim in CROME and see if somehow the cylinder trim got turned down. How much timing do you have. You have build up on its porcelein & detonation from what it looks like. What heat range plugs do you have?

So do all that and write back. Go from there. Add fuel in the cylinder trim by a decent amount. Monitor a/f's and then see if it fixes your problem. That is what its there for..
I tuned to about 14.5-14.7 but i didn't have alot of time to time it because my ribbon cable crapped out and i was using a shitty chip with a ghetto map on it, then i took it to speedfactory to have them burn the map i had on my ostrich and the guy there said he usually pulls 4* of timing throughout the map for p29's. So he did but i haven't changed the spark plugs since that. i just put new ones in today "from a y8" i'll go drive it around a little tomorrow and take them out to see what color they are

·
Registered
95 hatch
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here's the map i gave the guy from speedfactory, he took timing away but it doesn't show it on this because i dont have a chip burner/reader.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
What do you mean? like every time i drive, do i let it idle for second before i turn it off? If you mean that, no.
umm, no. did you idle the car for a minute and then shut it off and pull plugs. pretty simple question since its refering to how to read plugs. hard run, then pull them. if sit there and idle, the high a/f will burn off most of the info from the tip of the plug.

·
Registered
95 hatch
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
umm, no. did you idle the car for a minute and then shut it off and pull plugs. pretty simple question since its refering to how to read plugs. hard run, then pull them. if sit there and idle, the high a/f will burn off most of the info from the tip of the plug.
Thanks, i've never had to read plugs before but since my laptop battery only lasts 5 minutes unplugged i can't tune very much anymore. And the ostrich's ribbon cable crapped out too. .

I'll go try it out when i feel like going somewhere. Thanks alot

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
there is a lot of ash on that spark plug... look in the cylinder, do you see any oil/wetness on the piston?

try to increase the fuel to that cylinder and see what happens.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts