Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well most of u know i have a fully built and boosted z6. tt rods, vitara pistons. running a small t3 turbo. theres lots more details but they are not necessary. i have noticed over the past few weeks that i seem to be losing power in the upper rpms. anything past about 4500 rpm it seemed to die down. i couldnt seem to find the problem and i wasnt that worried becasue i was parking it. and it is now parked. so i have been ripping it appart becasue i am upgrading a bunch of stuff over the winter

so i removed the manifold today so i could heat wrap it. and to my suprise i found this......

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

what suprised me the most is that i was even making boost. the car would still make 10 psi no problem. and i didnt see it drop in the higher rpms. it still ran fine. idled well. everything. oh well upgrade time.

THIS IS WHY U DONT BUY EBAY MANIFOLDS. EVEN IF THEY ARE BRACED THEY WILL BREAK.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Mine cracked in the same place.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol dont get me wrong it served me well for about 6 months. and i bought it used. the guy had it for a few months before me. so in perspective i payed about 40 bucks for this. lasted about 8 months. great starting point. but for a lasting product u do not want it. talk to greg at go autoworks for some quality product. speaking of that..... i need to send a pm.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya, wuts the plan? ramhorn so you can retain the same d.p.?
this is what i need to find out right now. i need a manifold that will retain the same mounting point for the turbo in order to reuse my DP. i am gonna talk to greg to see what he can do for me. i dont think i can afford a ramhorn. but we will see.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
yeah, a cracked manifold doesnt mean you wont build boost, it just means that it will take a lil longer to reach your boost level/ and the turbo will just continue to spool to keep the boost up, which your wastegate will be closed the whole time, over working your turbo to keep the pressure up..

that would have been the first thing i would have checked.. the ss auto crap

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol ya all the cracking is on the back of the mounting flange. no soot or anything visible from the front of the manifold. and no cracking near the black flange. it cracked everywhere i couldnt see.

·
Registered
bicycle
1,376 Posts
lol i made full boost on my 57trim on my stocker z6 withthis monster leak lol yah it had a bit of turbo lag

ssauto you get what you pay for and all that is is a headache..

also never use felpro exhuast gasket use the oem honda metal ones

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Hey man, hopefully the one I sent out to you will get you by for a bit. If your exhaust stuff sits in a semi-stock place the DP enclosed in the box will bolt right up

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
actually the stuff u sent out to me mostly went towards building my friends car. unfortunatly. it was a project we are workin on for him. i took the intercooler and piping. liked it better then my stuff. but turbo/mani/dp was all for him. i didnt know it was cracked till we started putting his together. figures. great stuff though that u sent me. i was very happy. did we ever set up an i trader? we need to do that. positive rep is in order for everyone.

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
No, we didn't do an iTrader thing. Just click it under my name there on the (22) and go from there.

Might need to trim that one i/c pipe to get it to squeeze in a bit more or just streach the bumper skin around it like I did lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts