Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been looking at manifolds and I'm thinking a log manifold. I priced one at $250 vs a cast one for $100. What do you guys prefer to use?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Cast..... from everything I read when I was debating between the two, it holds up to stress a lot better, and its kinda like a mini ramhorn, and there cheap but also ugly.. the logs look god but I hear they crack easier

·
Registered
852 Posts
I'm using an ebay cast one here. Works fine, one hole was off by a hair but I drilled my turbo exhaust housing just a little bigger to fit.

Mine was $50 shipped from a member here, can't beat that price vs a log

·
Registered
233 Posts
From my personal experience, cast.

My friend's civic made 300+whp for many many many miles on a really ugly looking $75 cast manifold, it cracked a couple times but he welded them.
The thing was great though for the price.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Cast doesnt look as good but last longer. Id go cast cheaper in price and will hold up better.

I'm using an ebay cast one here. Works fine, one hole was off by a hair but I drilled my turbo exhaust housing just a little bigger to fit.

Mine was $50 shipped from a member here, can't beat that price vs a log
wasnt that me lol. You finish you kit yet? I just need management and ill finally be done.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mazworx $160ish Shipped

RCAutoworks $160ish Shipped

Mazworx has a way better Head flange then RC, but RC has a way better turbo inlet flange lol. RC looks to be out of stock for his diy kit, but sells them welded already for $300.

Or just this simple GReddy style knock off for under $100 shipped

Only problem is my turbo has a Chrysler T3 flange, not a normal T3

·
Registered
852 Posts
Cast doesnt look as good but last longer. Id go cast cheaper in price and will hold up better.

wasnt that me lol. You finish you kit yet? I just need management and ill finally be done.

Yessir! Around mid-December I made 300whp/265ftlbs for 2 days and then turbo took a dump. Waiting on it to get back from mhamrick, it'll have a T4 44trim compressor instead of the T3 one.

I haven't had much issues with my wastegate placement on the #4 runner, but that's not to say you won't. It held 20psi on the dyno just fine. I'm running an open dump under the motor.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
The yea that manifold will work but it also puts the turbo closer to the block then the other ebay castiron if used to keep ac.

Yessir! Around mid-December I made 300whp/265ftlbs for 2 days and then turbo took a dump. Waiting on it to get back from mhamrick, it'll have a T4 44trim compressor instead of the T3 one.

I haven't had much issues with my wastegate placement on the #4 runner, but that's not to say you won't. It held 20psi on the dyno just fine. I'm running an open dump under the motor.
Thats cool, sucks about the turbo taking a dump on you.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No A/C or power steering

1 - 14 of 14 Posts