Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so when i got the car everything SEEMED to be workin ok. But, after a few days of driving i noticed the headunit would turn off the minute i started the car. I figured, ok, its an OLD ASS DECK, maybe its just no good... ill replace it later. So, i let it go, and sometimes it would do it, and sometimes it would work fine.
Then i noticed driving the other day, that my climate controls werent working, but the stereo was... and me being the smart guy that i am, was driving with the targa off in 30 degree weather, a heater would have been nice. I pull up to my sisters house and start messing with it... no luck.
I turned the car off, turned it back on, and it worked fine.... wtf?
So, i did it again; turn it off, turn the car back on... now the stereo doesnt work, but the climate control still does.
Playing with the ignition, i noticed depending how far you turn the key it will turn the stereo and/or climate controls off. If the ignition is too far forward, it turns the stereo or climate off... if its just a hair back from being all the way forward, it works fine.

Where could this short be? Or just a bad ignition?

Darren

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds like you have a short in the steering column or the dash somewhere, electrical shorts are a pita to fix cause they are not simple to find the fix for them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts