Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got LM-1 + WB hooked on the ecu, I can datalog well, that is not the point, but on the Lm-1 , I don't read the same afr than writen in freelog.

How accurate is the reading via the ecu and datalog in freelog ? Can I take it for the right AFR ? Or too much analog noise between wideband to ecu / ecu to laptop ?

I don't see clearly in this, I saw too much website talking different things about that, and nothing clear in this site.

thank you guys

·
Registered
516 Posts
You have to program your LM-1 with the LM Programmer software from Innovate. If you bought it new it should have came in the box with all the stuff including the serial cable that allows you to program it, if not then I think you can download it from their site. Also, if you don't have a DB9 serial port on your computer you need to go to RadioShack and buy their Serial to USB converter (this one works for me, there are others as well).

I use CromePro so I'm not sure what input they use for the wideband input in Freelog, but if they use the stock O2 input then it can only handle about 3.8 Volts.

At any rate, the idea is the same no matter what you're using for the wideband input:

With the LM Programmer software, you program your LM-1's Analog 1 output to the desired max and min values.

If you're using the stock O2 input as your wideband input then you should set it to 0.1 Volts for 7.35 AFR and 3.5 Volts for 22.05 AFR.

In Freelog, you set the settings to match the settings of your LM-1

As long as your settings in Freelog and LM Programmer match you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
516 Posts
with Crome there is an o2 offset you need to adjust to match the wideband. i would trust the wideband reading over the datalog until you get the numbers to match

+1. Forgot to mention this. I think 0.63 volts is the offset I use.

Results may vary, so take ryan's advice trust the wideband until you get the numbers to match.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok ! I'll take a look on that, and try to make them match :)

thank you

·
Premium Member
A lot
2,028 Posts
i would trust the wideband reading over the datalog until you get the numbers to match
x2. Im running the same WB only with an LC-1.

Like you, I also found so much contradictory bickering when I was looking into this some time ago....all it did was frustrate the shit out of me.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Adjust the wideband setting in freelog to match your lm-1 gauge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts